How to Make Tuna Lemon Caper Fried Rice
Before we discuss the recipe, let us first familiarize ourselves with the ingredients. Everybody knows what tuna and lemon are, but what about capers? Capers are the small flower buds of a bush that typically grows in the Mediterranean. After the buds are picked, they are commonly preserved in vinegar or salt.
Now that we've discussed capers, let's talk about this particular recipe. Tuna, lemon, and capers are the three primary ingredients in a popular pasta dish; however, I decided to create a rice version. Learn how to make this satisfying fried rice with tuna, lemon, and capers, which takes only 15 minutes to prepare.
- 2 cups rice, leftover
- 3/4 to 1 cup tuna flakes in oil, canned
- 2 tablespoons capers in vinegar, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 2 medium bowls
- 4 small bowls
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
For Cooking the Dish:
- slotted spatula
- Separate tuna flakes and oil. Set aside.
- Saute onion in tuna oil until translucent.
- Add cooked rice. Stir until well blended.
- Just before the rice is thoroughly cooked, add the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve while still hot.
Tuna Lemon Caper Fried Rice Step-by-Step Procedure
Tips and Techniques
- Make use of leftover or a day-old fluffy rice to give a better texture.
- Replace capers in vinegar with capers in salted brine.
- Adjust the amount of lemon if preferred.
- Change lemon juice to any similar citrus juice if the latter isn't available.
- Use the juice of any citrus fruit to balance the taste of any fish.
- Be careful about how much salt you add, as the tuna in oil is already salted.
More Fried Rice Recipes With Fish
- How to Make Tinapa Fried Rice: A Filipino-Inspired Dish
Have you ever tried adding fish to your fried rice? I recently tried doing this and was surprised by the delicious results. Take your usual fried rice to the next level!
- How to Make Canned Sardines Fried Rice
Have you tried adding canned sardines to your fried rice? I tried doing this and was pleasantly surprised by the delicious results. Take your boring canned sardines to the next level.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan