I like to alter classic recipes to make delicious and hearty meals at home.
I absolutely love lasagna with a lot of ricotta and mozzarella cheese. The first time that I made lasagna for my now fiancé, I found out that he did not like ricotta cheese. So I made it my mission to create a recipe for lasagna that we could both love. This recipe can be made using turkey burger or ground beef—you can't really tell the difference because the meat soaks up the taste of the red sauce. This is one of those meals that tastes even better warmed up the next day.
- 1 package of lasagna noodles
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 Jar traditional or plain spaghetti sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 cups cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Read More From Delishably
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a deep baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook lasagna noodles as directed on package. Be sure not to overcook. Strain, rinse with cold water, and coat with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Chop the medium onion and brown in a pan with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Cook until the onions are soft and just about transparent.
- Add the meat and garlic salt and brown with the onion.
- Drain the grease from the meat and onion mixture
- Add the spaghetti sauce to the meat and let simmer on low for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the Alfredo sauce.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cottage cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella (you will use the other 2 cups at the end) cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, and pepper together thoroughly.
- In the baking dish, begin layering with the noodles, then the meat and sauce, and then the cheese mixture. Repeat until you are finished, making sure you finish with the noodles on the top layer.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil, and continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese on the top is melted and browned.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.