I love preparing tasty recipes and sharing them with others.
Single, Lazy, or Both? This Recipe Is for You!
As a single girl, my favorite lazy recipe is pretty much: Put anything you can find in your pantry in a pan, and then serve it on top of pasta. And, it doesn’t get much better than this. Red pepper? Could eat my weight in them. Feta? If you don’t like feta, we can’t be friends. Dill? What isn’t better with dill on it—seriously!
I know leftovers are controversial, but I love them because I often reuse different parts of my meal for something completely different. This chicken breast was part of a grilled chicken sandwich half that I had in the fridge. Yes, I’m super cheap.
Anything over pasta is a great single-girl dish because you can make exactly how much you need. Although typing “Serves One” can strike fear in some, I relish the fact that it just means I can eat this with no pants on while watching Storage Wars.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 ounces pasta, your choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 6 ounces cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dill
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Put olive oil in a saucepan over high heat and cook the chicken cubes for 2 to 3 minutes to get a slight sear on them.
- Add in red peppers and cook for an additional 5 minutes until they get softened.
- Add in chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and dill. Reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Before you drain the pasta, put a few spoonfuls of the pasta-cooking water into the saucepan. Add the noodles and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until the sauce and pasta are living together in perfect harmony.
- For the last minute, sprinkle in feta cheese.
- Sprinkle with dill and a splash of olive oil before treating yourself!