Lazy Single Girl Meal: Chicken, Red Pepper, Feta and Dill Pasta
Another name for my favorite lazy single girl mean is pretty much: Put anything you can find in your pantry in a pan and then on top of pasta. And, it doesn’t get much better than this. Red pepper? Could eat my weight in them. Feta? If you don’t like feta, we can’t be friends. Dill? What isn’t better with dill on it….seriously!
I know leftovers are controversial, but I love them because often times, I reuse different parts of my meal for something completely different. This chicken breast was part of a grilled chicken sandwich half that I had in the fridge. Yes, I’m super cheap.
Anything over pasta is a great single girl dish because you can make exactly how much you need…although typing “Serves One” can strike fear in some, I relish in the fact that it just means I can eat this with no pants on watching Storage Wars.
- 2 ounces pasta, your choice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4-6 ounces cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp dill
Rate My Recipe!
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Put olive oil in a saucepan over high heat and cook the chicken cubes for 2-3 minutes to get a slight sear on it.
- Add in red peppers and cook for an additional 5 minutes until they get softened.
- Add in chicken broth, balsamic vinegar and dill. Reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Before you drain the pasta, put a few spoonfuls of the pasta cooking water into the saucepan. Add the noodles and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the sauce and pasta are living together in perfect harmony.
- For the last minute, sprinkle in feta cheese.
- Sprinkle with dill and a splash of olive oil before treating yourself!