Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Yummy Noodles With Veggies and Herbs
Who doesn't like to eat Chinese noodles? They are very delicious and healthy. Making this dish with olive oil truly adds a fine flavor.
This is a healthy meal option anytime. Making it is also easy and less time-consuming than other recipes. I used various colored veggies that are nutrient-rich and attractive. Pepper powder, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce are the ingredients that pepped up this noodle dish. I make this quick recipe often for dinner. I prefer to serve it with tomato sauce.
I share here a detailed recipe for making Chinese noodles with vegetables.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves five people
- 2 packets (1/2 kilogram) Chinese noodles, boiled
- 1/4 cup capsicum, julienned
- 1/4 cup carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup French beans, julienned
- 1/4 cup spring onion whites, chopped
- 1/4 cup spring onion greens, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 inch ginger, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green chili, crushed
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oil, olive oil or any other oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Immerse raw Chinese noodles in boiling water. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook for 8 to 9 minutes or as directed on the package. Strain and discard the water. Run cold water over the noodles. Strain and keep aside. (If you're struggling to get perfectly cooked noodles, see my tips below.)
- Chop vegetables. Crush ginger, garlic, and green chili together. Keep all other ingredients handy.
- Heat oil in a wok. Throw in spring onion whites. Sauté till they turn light brown. Add ginger-garlic-green-chili paste. Continue sautéing for one minute.
- Add julienned vegetables. Set the heat to high. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add pepper powder. Throw in half of the spring onion greens and pour in soy sauce. Add cooked noodles. Throw in some salt. Cook the contents, tossing occasionally. Tossing is important to make sure the spices evenly coat the noodles.
- Finally, add the remaining onion greens. Mix well and toss again. If you have difficulty tossing the dish, mix the contents with two wide spoons to ensure that the spices are equally distributed.
- Turn off the fire. Transfer the noodles to a serving bowl. Enjoy eating these noodles with tomato sauce or with any other dip of your choice.
Chinese Vegetable Noodles:
Tips to Get Perfect Noodles
- In the first step, cook the noodles only up to 80% done. The noodles will continue cooking in the wok with the vegetables. If you cook them fully at first, the noodles will become soft and not so tasty in the wok.
- As soy sauce contains salt, add less salt to the noodles.
- To retain crunchiness, stir-fry the vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes only.
- French beans don't cook fast. Hence, slit the French beans lengthwise for fast cooking.