How to Make Chinese Noodles With an Indian Kick
Chinese Vegetable Noodles
Yummy Noodles With Veggies and Herbs
Who doesn't like to eat Chinese noodles? They are very delicious and healthy. Making this dish in olive oil truly gives a fine flavor.
This is a healthy meal option anytime. Making it is also easy and less time-consuming. I used here, various colored veggies that are nutrient-rich and attractive.
Pepper powder, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce are the ingredients that pepped up this noodle dish. I make this quick recipe often for dinner. I prefer to serve it with tomato sauce.
I share here a detailed recipe for making Chinese noodles with vegetables.
Chinese Vegetable Noodles:
- 2 packets (1/2 Kg) Chinese noodles, Boiled
- 1/4 cup capsicum, julienned
- 1/4 cup carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup french beans, julienned
- 1/4 cup spring onion whites, chopped
- 1/4 cup spring onion greens, chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 inch ginger, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green chili, crushed
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oil, olive oil or any other oil
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
Step-By-Step Cooking Instructions
- Immerse raw Chinese noodles in boiling water. Add 1/2 tsp salt. Cook for 8-9 minutes or as directed on the package. Strain, discard the water. Run cold water on the noodles. Strain, keep aside. (If you're struggling to get perfectly cooked noodles, see my tips below.)
- Chop vegetables. Crush ginger, garlic, and green chili together. Keep all other ingredients handy.
- Heat oil in a wok. Throw spring onion whites. Sauté till they turn light brown. Add ginger-garlic-green-chili paste. Continue sautéing for one minute.
- Add julienned vegetables. Let the heat be high. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pepper powder. Throw half portion of the spring onion greens and pour in soy sauce. Add cooked noodles. Throw in some salt. Cook the contents, tossing occasionally. Tossing is important to make sure the spices evenly coat the noodles.
- Finally, add the remaining onion greens. Mix well, toss again. If you have difficulty in tossing, mix the contents with two wide spoons, to ensure the equal spreading of the spices.
- Put off the fire. Transfer the noodles to a serving bowl. Enjoy eating noodles with tomato sauce or with any other dip of your choice.
Images of Cooking Chinese Noodles
Tips to Get Perfect Noodles
- In the first step, cook the noodles up to 80% only. Further, it gets cooked in the wok with the vegetables. If you cook it fully in the first instance itself, noodle becomes soft and not so tasty.
- As soy sauce contains salt, add less salt to the noodles.
- To retain crunchiness, stir-fry the vegetables for 3-4 minutes only.
- French beans don't cook fast. Hence, slit french beans lengthwise for fast cooking.
Nutritional Information of Chinese Vegetable Noodles
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 14 g||5%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 102 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|