How to Make Chinese Noodles with Vegetables and an Indian Kick
These easy and simple-to-cook Chinese vegetable noodles are a feast by themselves. Crunchy vegetables seasoned with fresh, aromatic herbs such as ginger and garlic make it a tempting dish. I hope you enjoy eating this recipe!
Chinese Vegetable soup
- 2 packets (1/2 Kg) Chinese noodles, Boiled
- 1/4 cup capsicum, julienned
- 1/4 cup carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup french beans, julienned
- 1/4 cup spring onion whites, chopped
- 1/4 cup spring onion greens, chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 inch ginger, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green chili, crushed
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oil, olive oil or any other oil
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
Step-By-Step Cooking Instructions
- Immerse raw Chinese noodles in boiling water. Add 1/2 tsp salt. Cook for 8-9 minutes or as directed on the package. Strain, discard the water. Run cold water on the noodles. Strain, keep aside. (If you're struggling to get perfectly cooked noodles, see my tips below.)
- Chop vegetables. Crush ginger, garlic, and green chili together. Keep all other ingredients handy.
- Heat oil in a wok. Throw spring onion whites. Sauté till they turn light brown. Add ginger-garlic-green-chili paste. Continue sautéing for one minute.
- Add julienned vegetables. Let the heat be high. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pepper powder. Throw half portion of the spring onion greens and pour in soy sauce. Add cooked noodles. Throw in some salt. Cook the contents, tossing occasionally. Tossing is important to make sure the spices evenly coat the noodles.
- Finally, add the remaining onion greens. Mix well, toss again. If you have difficulty in tossing, mix the contents with two wide spoons, to ensure the equal spreading of the spices.
- Put off the fire. Transfer the noodles to a serving bowl. Enjoy eating noodles with tomato sauce or with any other dip of your choice.
Images of Cooking Chinese Noodles
Tips to Get Perfect Noodles
- In the first step, cook the noodles up to 80% only. Further, it gets cooked in the wok with the vegetables. If you cook it fully in the first instance itself, noodle becomes soft and not so tasty.
- As soy sauce contains salt, add less salt to the noodles.
- To retain crunchiness, stir-fry the vegetables for 3-4 minutes only.
- French beans don't get cooked fast. Hence, slit french beans lengthwise for fast cooking.
More by this Author
Masala papads are healthy and delicious starters made in a jiffy. Believe me, served fresh, it will be a great hit at any party. Do try this snack today and please your family!
Spinach, a jade-green, leafy vegetable, is a storehouse of nutrients. When combined with paneer and herbs like ginger and garlic, the curry becomes super delicious and healthy. Try it!!
Masala Dosa is one of the best breakfast delicacies of India. The combination of crispy crepe, potato curry, and the chutney in Masala dosa is fantastic. Try out Masala Dosa in Indian Restaurants.
No comments yet.