Mom's Cooking: How to Make Tuna Noodle Casserole
This tuna noodle casserole dish is a great dinner to have with your family. The recipe here uses green beans and corn, but you can use peas instead if you prefer. You could also add all three, and maybe even toss in some carrots! It's all up to you.
A nice piece of homemade bread with melted butter goes good with this meal! Give it a shot, and leave a comment below telling me what you think.
- Prep time: 30 min
- Cook time: 40 min
- Ready in: 1 hour 10 min
- Yields: Enough to serve a family
- 1 bag of egg noodles
- 2 cans of cream of celery soup
- 2 cans of tuna
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of green beans, drained
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- The first thing to do is to cook the egg noodles until they are done.
- Grab a large bowl, and add the 2 cans of cream of celery soup. Next add the 2 cups of milk. Mix this together before continuing.
- In the same large bowl add the 2 cans of tuna. Also add the drained can of corn, and the drained can of green beans. Mix everything together very well.
- After draining the noodles that you had cooked earlier, add them into the large bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Once again mix everything together.
- Inside of a baking pan, pour the contents of the large bowl making sure to spread it evenly. Take the bread crumbs and sprinkle it over the food.
- Cut the butter into small slivers, and spread it out across the food.
- Cover the baking pan with foil before placing it into the oven. Bake on 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.