Lisa Jane has been cooking for many years and loves trying out new recipes and cooking old family favorites.
I have many favorite foods and spaghetti pie is one of them. I remember my mother making this recipe once in a while when I was growing up. My mother made this pie the other night because she knew how much I loved it. So I thought that I would share this recipe with everyone so they can have the chance to taste the greatness of this dish. I hope everyone loves it as much as I do!
|Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, cut up
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Make the spaghetti like you normally would. Afterwards, drain the spaghetti. Mix in the butter, stir. Then add the parmesan cheese and the beaten eggs. Stir. In a pie plate, use the spaghetti mixture as the crust, adding the cottage cheese to the spaghetti crust.
- In a skillet, cook the beef and onion until they are done then drain the grease. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, oregano, and garlic salt and stir and heat.
- When the meat mixture is done, pour it into the spaghetti crust. Leave it uncovered for 20 minutes in 350 degree oven. After 20 minutes, take it out of the oven and sprinkle mozarella cheese on top of the pie. Put back in the oven for 5 minutes or when the cheese melts.