Szechwan Noodles Recipe
Some Information About Szechwan Noodles
Szechwan noodles are a popular Indo-Chinese dish. Szechwan sauce is the main ingredient used in making this dish. I made this sauce yesterday. You can use this sauce for making fried rice, noodles, and many other Chinese dishes. You can also use it as a side dish for snacks, pakoras, momos, spring rolls, etc.
This recipe is a lot like my vegetable Hakka noodles recipe. The main difference is that we use Szechwan sauce instead of soy sauce for making Szechwan noodles. These noodles are hot, spicy, and aromatic due to the spicy sauce used in the recipe.
One important thing to remember while making this recipe is that you should continuously keep the fire high. To get an authentic smoky flavor, you should toss the vegetables on a high flame. This is a quick recipe and does not take much time.
- 1 packet Hakka noodles(150 g), or plain noodles
- 3–4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup spring onion whites or regular onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp szechwan sauce, or as per taste
- 1 1/2 cup mix vegetables, cut in tiny pieces
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp oil, for stir frying
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1 tbsp spring onion greens, for garnishing
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Szechwan Noodles
- Boil 5 glasses of water.
- Add some salt and 2–3 drops of oil to it.
- Add Hakka noodles.
- Cook for 2–3 minutes. Drain the water.
- Run cold water on the noodles.
- Collect the noodles in a colander.
- Apply some oil on them to keep moist and non-sticky. If the packet has instructions, follow them. Noodles should be just cooked(al dente).
- Heat oil in a wok or in a deep bottom pan. Throw in chopped garlic. Let the heat be medium. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onion. Make the fire high. Stir fry for one minute on a high flame. Add chopped French beans. Stir fry on high fire for 2–3 minutes. Throw in all other veggies, such as carrot, capsicum, cabbage, etc. Continue stir-frying for a few minutes, or till the veggies are cooked, and are still crunchy. Lower the fire.
- Add Szechwan sauce, pepper powder, and salt. Mix once.
- Now add Hakka noodles. Increase the fire. Stir fry and toss the contents till the noodles are evenly coated with Szechwan sauce.
- Pour vinegar or lemon juice. Mix well. Check for the taste. Add more sauce, salt or pepper, if needed. Mix well. Garnish with chopped spring onion greens.
- Hot and spicy Szechwan noodles are ready to serve. Serve them hot in serving bowls. Happy eating!
Nutritional Information of Szechwan Noodles
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 47 g||16%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 1600 mg||67%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2017 ShailaSheshadri