I love to cook, try new recipes, and share them! When healthy ingredients meet complementary spices, magic happens in the kitchen.
The Most Versatile Recipe
This recipe is my new all-time favorite thing to make and eat! I was at a friend's house, and she made a salad without pasta but with a similar dressing. Ever since then, I've made pasta salad, plain veggie salad, and even using the veggies without the pasta as a salsa with chips. I've been altering the ingredients slightly.
You can top this with feta cheese and add corn or any of your other favorite veggies that are in season. Once all the veggies are chopped, this recipe comes together pretty quickly and lasts in the fridge for a while.
If you plan to keep this for a few days, add the avocado just before serving so you don't have brown avocado pieces in your pasta salad!
What Do You Think?
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
6 servings (1 cup each)
- 3 seedless small cucumbers, chopped
- 2-3 bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 pound rotini pasta, cooked and cooled
- Chop all vegetables and put them in a large bowl.
- Cook pasta per package directions and set aside.
- Combine all liquid ingredients and spices. Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Pour dressing over veggies and stir to coat. Once pasta has cooled, stir in pasta.
- Top with feta cheese, kalamata olives, or seeds/nuts. Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe will be good refrigerated for up to 7 days, less if it has cheese or avocado in it.
© 2019 Lisa Bean