The Best Ever Pressure Cooker Mac and Cheese Recipe
Pressure Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
I was very reluctant at first to get a pressure cooker. I didn't know how to use it and I was afraid! However, after my mom got one I decided that maybe I should give it a second thought. Afterall, I am working full-time and doing a second job after my first. Cooking dinner was becoming more and more difficult. (I am also famous for forgetting to take something out of the freezer and therefore getting home and not having anything to cook without going to the store!)
The best thing is that even after working two jobs, I have been able to make quick dinners in 10-25 minutes! Simple, fast, and delicious. I found some great recipes online but the best recipe came from my mom. This is a recipe she got from a friend and it has turned out to be my favorite. A true comfort food which can be turned into a dinner or just a simple and delicious side dish, this macaroni and cheese will be one of your go-to recipes. Bring it to a pot luck dinner, a friend who needs some cheering up, a luncheon, a BBQ, or just make a bunch for yourself. It will be gone very quickly, that I promise!
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 7 min
- Ready in: 12 min
- Yields: approximately 4-6, depending on portion size
- 2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni (you can use other types but cooking time may need to be adjusted), uncooked
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
- Place the macaroni, chicken stock, cream, salt, and pepper into the pressure cooker. Set your pressure cooker to high and set timer to 7 minutes. (I think this time is perfect but you may want to adjust it depending on how "done" you like your macaroni). Once the timer goes off, let the steam out of the pressure cooker according to your machine's directions. Add the butter, milk and cheeses to the pot and stir. Voila . . . best macaroni and cheese ever!!
- Substitutions: If you only have milk handy, you can substitute the following: melt 1/3 cup butter in the microwave and add 2/3 cup milk in place of the cream. For 2% milk, just add a tablespoon of flour plus the above ingredients. Comes out perfect!
How can you resist?
Choosing a Pressure Cooker
I did some research and found out that the electric pressure cookers today are very safe and have a lot of safety features. This made me feel so much better about using mine. Once I took the plunge and bought my pressure cooker, I was still a little nervous to use it. I followed the instructions to the tee and kept my fingers crossed. With each use I became more and more confident in using it and now I am a pro!!
If you are looking for a pressure cooker or want to replace your old one, there are many options. They make a perfect gift for a busy cook who wants a homemade meal in minutes!