3 Deliciously Simple Halloween Treat Ideas
Autumn is officially here. The leaves are starting to change color, and the air is cool and crisp. It's time to start thinking about Halloween, including decorations, costumes, and party planning.
There may be an event where you are asked to bring a treat. It's easy to run to the store and grab a bag of candy or a container of goodies, but what if you want to do something extra special? A quick search on Pinterest might turn into a two-hour binge session, only to end in the realization that you don't have the time, energy, or ambition to spend an entire afternoon crafting gorgeous treats.
Instead, why don't you try one of the following deliciously adorable treats? These three treats are simple and easy to create, using ingredients you probably already have on hand. They are perfect for when you are asked to make or bring a treat... and you want it to look like you put in a lot more effort than you actually did.
Spooky Spider Donuts
These spider donuts are super cute and the perfect combination of salty and sweet.
- Donuts (I used Donut Fair crullers. They are my favorite!)
- Pretzel sticks
- Simply lay out the donuts and the pretzel sticks on a flat dish.
- Put eight pretzel sticks in each donut to act as spider legs. That's it! Be careful when pushing the pretzel sticks into the donut. They are easy to break, but the ones that break you get to eat. Win-win!
You could use Krispy Kreme's original donuts if you wanted to make bigger spiders. I also think chocolate frosted donuts or ones with sprinkles would be cute, too.
This treat will be a big hit at any Halloween party!
Banana Boo Muffins
Aren't these little muffins adorable? This is such a fun, unexpected treat. I think it's a great alternative to cupcakes, and it's a little healthier.
- Banana muffin mix
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate covered espresso beans (optional)
- Follow the instructions on the package to make your banana muffins. Allow them to cool completely.
- Pick out the brown M&Ms or any color you choose.
- Spread a little peanut butter on the "M" side of the candy.
- Place the candy on the banana muffin. Each muffin gets two candies to create "eyes."
- You can swap the M&M's for two chocolate-covered espresso beans. This is a perfect treat for all the parents and adults! You could also use any other candy you'd like to make your eyes.
These would be great for any classroom Halloween party!
Ghostly Cinnamon Rolls
These cinnamon rolls are so cute and a great way to mix up breakfast! You can create little ghosts or use food coloring to make jack-o-lantern cinnamon rolls. The possibilities are endless!
- Cinnamon rolls
- Food coloring
- M&M's or other round candies
- Make cinnamon rolls according to package instructions.
- Allow them to cool completely.
- Spread icing evening on each roll to make ghosts. Add two brown M&M's for eyes and one for the nose.
- To make the jack-o-lanterns, put a little icing in a bowl. Add a few drops of yellow and red food coloring. Mix well to create orange icing. Spread on the cinnamon roll. Add eyes and a nose.
Enjoy! These are a big hit!