Green Cocktail Drinks for St. Patrick's Day: Recipes
Light Up Your St. Patrick's Day Party With Green Cocktails
Are you hosting a party or bartending on St. Patrick's Day and need to know how to make green cocktail drinks? Although green beer is usually the first drink that comes to mind for many people, it is not the only alcoholic drink that you have to serve your guests on St. Patrick's. There is a large variety of cocktails that display a vibrant green color and come packed with great flavor as well.
Technically, almost any drink can be changed to a green color if you add food coloring to it. So if you have a favorite alcoholic beverage, feel free to experiment by adding a few drops. If you feel a little more experimental, try out some of the drinks below that derive their green color from the actual drink ingredients. Have a few available at your next St. Patrick's Day party and be ready to share the recipes when people marvel at the results.
11 Vibrantly Green Alcoholic Drinks
- Green Beer
- Green Goblin
- Emerald Isle
- The Yoda
- Irish Eyes
- Green Apple Martini
- Midori Melon Ball
- Midori Sour
- Midori Splice
- Incredible Hulk
- Green Jell-O Shots
1. Green Beer
One of the most popular drinks on St. Patrick's Day. It is probably the easiest to prepare as well. It is still up for debate whether green or blue food coloring brings about the best results, but the answer probably depends on what type of beer you are using.
- Your favorite beer (lighter beers usually have better results)
- Green or blue food coloring (number of drops depends on the color of the beer being used)
- Pour the beer in a chilled glass. Allow the foam to settle.
- Add about 5 or 6 drops of food coloring and stir into the beer.
2. Green Goblin
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. peach schnapps
- 1 oz. DeKuyper Sour Apple Pucker Schnapps
- 1 oz. coconut rum
- 1 oz. sweet and sour mix
- Pour ingredients in a cocktail shaker half filled with ice.
- Shake and pour drink mixture over ice cubes in a glass.
- Serve with a wedge of lime (optional).
3. Emerald Isle
- 1 oz. gin
- 1 tsp green creme de menthe
- 2 dashes bitters
- Pour ingredients into a shaker filled with ice cubes.
- Shake well and strain into a cocktail glass.
4. The Yoda
- 1 part Midori Melon liqueur
- 1 splash vodka
- 1 part Blue Curacao
- 2 parts DeKuyper Sour Apple Pucker
- 1/2 handful of ice
- 1 part sweet and sour mix
- Mix ingredients together in a shaker.
- Pour into a glass over ice.
5. Irish Eyes
- 1 oz. Irish whiskey
- 1/4 oz. green creme de menthe
- 2 oz. creme
- cherry for garnish
- Pour ingredients into a shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake well and strain into a glass.
6. Green Apple Martini
- 1 part vodka
- 1 part apple juice
- 1 part DeKuyper Sour Apple Schnapps
- Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Shake well and serve.
7. Midori Melon Ball
- 2 oz. Midori melon liqueur
- 1 oz. vodka
- 4 oz. pineapple or orange juice
- Shake ingredients together.
- Strain drink mixture into an ice filled glass.
8. Midori Sour
- 1 oz. Midori melon liqueur
- 1 oz. whiskey sour mix
- 2 oz. Sprite
- 2 cherries
- Fill glass with ice cubes.
- Add Midori liqueur, sour mix and Sprite. Stir quickly.
- Add cherries as garnish.
9. Midori Splice
- 1/2 shot Midori melon liqueur
- 1/2 shot Malibu coconut rum
- pineapple juice
- Build all ingredients in a tall glass filled with ice.
- Add Midori followed by coconut rum, and then fill the rest with pineapple juice.
10. Incredible Hulk
- 1/2 oz. Hennessy cognac
- 1/2 oz. Hpnotiq liqueur
- Stir Hennessy and Hpnotiq together.
- Serve over ice in a glass.
11. Green Jell-O Shots
Last but not least are the party favorite, Jell-O Shots. The shots are almost as easy to make as the green beer described at the beginning of the article, and they are sure to be a hit when you break them out of the refrigerator. The recipe below should make about 20 shots depending on how large a glass/container you use for them.
- 1 cup DeKuyper Sour Apple Pucker Schnapps
- 1 package green apple Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- Boil water and stir in Jell-O until dissolved.
- Add chilled Schnapps and continue stirring.
- Pour mixture into shot glasses and place them in the refrigerator until set.
Drink Safely, and Enjoy!
So as you can see, there are countless numbers of green drinks that can be prepared for St. Patrick's. Print out the recipes you enjoy the most or share them with your friends. And as always, be safe and responsible when consuming them.