I'm a thirty-something mum of two who loves to spend time with my kids reading, doing crafts, cooking, etc.
This delicious, sweet recipe comes from the island of Malta. Here on the islands of Malta, these chocolate treats are usually associated with Christmas, but they can be made year-round. It's a no-cook, easy recipe that uses just five ingredients and a blender!
Christmas Chocolate Balls Recipe
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
Approx 25 balls
- 300 grams chocolate-covered digestive biscuits
- 200 grams walnuts, weighed after shelling
- 10 milliliters honey
- 1 tablespoon chocolate powdered drink, like cocoa powder or drinking chocolate
- 10 milliliters whiskey or rum
- Put all the dry ingredients into the mixer and pulverise.
- Once the mixture turns to a sand-like consistency, add the honey and the whiskey.
- Turn on the mixer again to blend all the ingredients.
- Form balls with the mixture by hand. You should make around 30 bite-sized balls.
- Allow to set and harden for a few hours before serving.
kikalina (author) from Europe on March 08, 2015:
Yes they do taste amazing. Hope you gave them a try :)
L M Reid from Ireland on February 06, 2015:
Wow these chocolate sweets look very tasty and so easy to make. Very easy indeed