Pistachio Shamrock Cookies
A Family Favorite
I have had this cookie recipe for many years and have made it often for St. Patrick's Day celebrations.
These shamrock cookies look festive, are easy to make, and are good to eat, too. The pistachio pudding gives the cookies a green color and pistachio flavor, and the green icing on top gives them a wonderfully festive finish.
I hope you enjoy them!
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (3 1/2-oz) package instant pistachio pudding mix, dry
- 1 1/3 cups baking mix (e.g., Jiffy Mix or Bisquick)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Cream together margarine or butter and dry pudding mix
- Blend in baking mix, egg, and sugar until well mixed.
- Roll out on a lightly floured board to 3/8" thickness and cut with shamrock cookie cutter.
- Place cut-out cookies on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned at edges.
- Cool on wire racks. Frost with icing when cool. You may also sprinkle with green sugar if desired.
Once the cookies have cooled, it's time to ice them.
- 2 cups confectioners sugar, unsifted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix all together and tint with green food coloring.
- Optional: Sprinkle frosted cookies with green sugar, if desired.
Shamrock Cookie Cutters
I personally own this set of 2-Shamrock Cookie Cutters, size 4" and 2.6". It is great to have two different sizes when making these cookies. The set also includes a recipe book, plus it's made in the USA. I feel the price is reasonable, and they can be ordered through Amazon Prime, which means two-day delivery with free shipping.
Questions & Answers
© 2010 Leona J Atkinson