Come Christmastime, Emma has one job—bake a batch of her famous ginger cookies! Find her tried-and-true recipe below.
My Famous Ginger-Caramel Cookies
For the last 15 years or so, I have had one duty above all others when it comes to Christmas preparations: to make a batch of delicious ginger cookies! These cookies are really easy to make and, apart from having the seasonally suitable ginger taste, also taste a little of caramel on account of the syrup in them. See how easy they are to make below.
- 100 grams butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 decilitre sugar
- 2 tablespoons syrup (golden/light)
- 2 and a half decilitre flour
- Half a teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspon vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
Read More From Delishably
- Mix the butter, sugar and syrup in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Once the dough is nice and firm, divide by four or five and roll into long ropes of dough (the length of your baking pan).
- Flatten with a fork across the entire length (but leaving the dents between the fork prongs).
- Bake for 12–15 minutes at 175˚C.
- Let them cool briefly, then cut them diagonally. (Don't let them cool for too long or you'll have to crack rather than cut them into suitable portions.)
Doesn't that sound easy? I promise, it is! If you try this recipe out, let me know what you think in the comment section below!
© 2016 Emma Lindhagen