Decorating Christmas Spritz Cookies: An Easy Biscuit Recipe
Quick, Easy Christmas Cookies
Spritz cookies are great for Christmas. They are really easy to make and taste delicious. The quickest way to make the desired shapes is to use a piping bag fitted with a 1-centimeter-diameter open star tip. Other designs can also be used to create rosettes, stars, and even Christmas trees.
These spritz cookies also make great gifts for family and friends; after all, Christmas is a time for sharing and indulging. Wrap them in clear cellophane paper and decorate with ribbons. They will look fantastic.
Here is how to make delicious Christmas spritz cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Glacé cherries, halved
- Sugar sprinkles (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy and well-blended. Then, add and beat in egg yolks, salt and vanilla essence. Sift flour into the butter mixture. Stir the flour into the mixture until well-blended. Stir in 3 tablespoons milk and mix well until a soft dough is formed.
- Prepare two baking trays and line them with baking paper. Fill a piping bag with dough and squeeze out the cookies onto the tray. Make the cookies into 3-cm rosettes or star shapes. Space out the cookies at least 2 cm apart. If the shapes do not come out quite right, put them back in the piping bag and form the shapes again. It is that easy to make them all perfectly shaped.
- Decorate cookies with glacé cherries or sugar sprinkles.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and bake one tray at a time for 10 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden around the edges. Transfer the cookies to wire racks and let them cool.
- Store the cookies in airtight jars. They can be stored for up to 10 days in the jars and up to one month in the refrigerator.