Valerie is pursuing a degree in Creative Writing and enjoys cooking, medical topics, flash fiction, fashion, culture, and politics.
Dump Cake: So Easy and So Good!
My mother gave me this recipe a few years back. I have put my own twist on it over the years. You can do the same. It is very easy to make and delicious! It kind of reminds you of a cobbler, except without all the work of making a cobbler. Now it's called a "dump" cake because, essentially, you dump everything into the pan.
Well, here goes, and I hope you enjoy!
- 1 box of yellow/butter cake mix
- 2 cans of apple pie filling
- 2 cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- Nutmeg or cinnamon
- Margarine or butter
- Empty peaches and pie filling into a rectangular baking pan.
- Sprinkle nutmeg or cinnamon, whichever you prefer.
- Mix it together to make sure the spice is spread into your mixture.
- Dump the box of cake mix on top of the mixture.
- Using a spoon or knife, level the cake mix so that it is nice and flat.
- Cut pats of butter or margarine and arrange them all over the pan. This will be your crust, so you can place each pat about half an inch apart from each other.
- Put in the oven at 350ºF and cook for about 1 to 1.5 hours (until crust is hard to the touch, not mushy).
- Take out, allow to cool slightly, and enjoy! You can eat it plain, with ice cream, or with whipped cream!
- You can use white cake mix instead of yellow if you prefer.
- Mix it up! Use cherry and apple pie filling or peach and cherry pie filling.
- My mother uses all peaches or all apples.
- Add nuts, coconut, or raisins if you desire.
Step-by-Step Photo Instructions
Read More From Delishably
Yummy! The Crust Is the Best!
The crust is the best part. You should let it cool for about ten or fifteen minutes before eating to allow it to set some. Add ice cream or whipped cream for a final touch! Eat it any way you want; I prefer mine cold, but others in my family like it slightly warmed.
Dump Cake Heaven
Dump cakes are quick, easy to make, and great for any occasion. You'll find that they are great for holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years—but also for other occasions like office potlucks, church functions, after-school treats for the kids, and even late-night treats for adults!
Have fun making your dump cake, and please tell me how you liked it and if you put any variations to it! Enjoy!