For 30 years, I have been vegetarian and mostly vegan. I've learned to create tasty vegan recipes to appeal to my family of 7.
A Healthy Start: Pretty Fruit Cups
The best start to your day is a healthy start. Any type of fancy fruit cup will lure children and adults away from the Easter candy. Use a pretty, see-through bowl or cup to add to the appeal. This recipe is simple: Cut up your favorite fruits and serve!
These croissants make use of store-bought "sausage" and dough, making them easy to whip up on even the busiest morning.
- 1 to 2 packages of vegan breakfast sausage links
- 1 to 2 refrigerator containers of, crescent rolls
- Preheat the oven according to the crescent roll container cooking temperature.
- If the sausage is frozen, heat for approximately 1 minute in a microwave or warm in a pan to just thaw.
- Open the crescent container and separate the dough pieces. Place sausage on the wide end of the triangle and roll.
- Bake according to crescent roll directions. Serve with mustard and ketchup.
Potato and "Egg" Pancakes
This recipe serves 8.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled
- 8 ounces medium-firm tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 large leaf kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Coconut oil/butter for frying (or vegetable oil)
- Grate the potatoes (done easily in a food processor).
- Mash the tofu.
- Mix all ingredients together except the oil.
- Heat your oil in a frying pan.
- Shape mixture into patties and add to the pan.
- Brown, then reduce the heat to medium.
Read More From Delishably
The flatter the patty, the firmer the patties will be and the softer the potatoes will be. If you want a more "eggy" texture, make the patties less flat, but then the potatoes will not be as well-cooked.
Sugar-Free Banana Bread
The dates, bananas, and applesauce sweeten the bread. This recipe serves 8 to 10 people.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup applesauce (2 kids' individual size)
- 4 large, ripe, organic bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 6 to 8 large dates, chopped (if dry, chop then soak to soften)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix dry ingredients, then mix in the remaining ingredients. The dough will be a little stiff.
- Spray oil a small loaf dish/pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, then cover with foil to keep the top from over-cooking.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes. A knife inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Easy Homemade Berry Jam
This recipe makes 2 cups of jam.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen (thawed) or fresh berries
- 3 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Blend the berries to a liquid. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into jam-sized jars with lids. To freeze, put the jam into freezable containers.
- Refrigerate at least an hour to set.
This jam will keep in the refrigerator for about two weeks and in the freezer for about 6 months.