Alyssa loves sharing her family's favorite recipes with the world. She is a wife and a mom who enjoys drinking copious amounts of coffee.
Grinchy Holiday Cookies
The holiday season is officially upon us. One of my favorite things to do this time of year is making sweet treats with my son. We love brownies and decided to create something a little different this year. Instead of making regular brownies, we spruced them up—first we made brownie cookies, and then we transformed them into Grinch cookies.
These were so much fun to make and to eat! We included chocolate chips in the recipe for an extra chocolatey treat. These cookies are rich and decadent!
Read More From Delishably
- 1 box brownie mix (I used Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (11.5 oz) bag chocolate chips
- 1 (15.6 oz) tub vanilla frosting
- 4-5 drops green food coloring
- 20-25 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 6 oz festive sprinkles
- 20-25 pretzel sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, flour, water, oil, and eggs. Mix well. (I used Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix. If you use a different brand, be sure to follow the box directions for making the brownies.)
- Stir in half the bag of chocolate chips.
- On a greased baking sheet, drop serving spoon fulls of dough. Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- In a small bowl, scoop frosting out of the tub. Add a few drops of green food coloring and mix well. Alternatively, you could use green vanilla frosting. (I was unable to find any in my area and had to make my own.)
- Spread a generous amount of frosting on each cookie.
- Using the remaining chocolate chips, add a few to each cookie.
- Crumble Oreo cookies by hand and add them on top of the frosting.
- Place a few festive sprinkles on each cookie.
- Break up the pretzel sticks and add a few to each cookie.
- Enjoy! Serve at home with a glass of cold milk or place in a festive dish to take to a party.