Bacon Wrapped Bleu Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
- 3/4 lb pork sausage
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, small diced
- 1 serrano pepper, small diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Frank's Red Hot, buffalo sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- Bleu cheese crumbles, to taste (I used smoked)
- 1 Tbsp butter, salted
- Preheat oven to 400F. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Spread into butter and let sit. Stir occasionally, letting the vegetables caramelize.
- When nice and lightly browned, add the garlic and cook an additional minute. You will smell the garlic release its aromatics. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool briefly.
- Add remaining ingredients aside from bacon and bleu cheese to the large bowl. Using your hands, squish and mix until combined, but do not over mix. Salt and pepper again to taste.
- Form the meat mixture into a loaf on a foil lined sheet pan. Use you fingers to make a valley in the middle of the meat loaf. Sprinkle the bleu cheese inside, then close off and reform the loaf.
- Wrap the bacon around the meatloaf slightly overlapping strips. Finish with a dust of black pepper. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 325F and continue to cook for another 45–55 minutes.
- Set oven to normal broil and crisp the bacon on top of the meatloaf for about 5 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
Rate the Meatloaf Supreme
Questions & Answers
© 2016 Melissa Althen