I became curious about butterflied lobster after honeymooning in Jamaica.
I became curious about butterflied lobster tails after honeymooning in Jamaica. My wife was impressed by the presentation—so much so that I decided to give it a try at home. This is the most visually appealing way to prepare this tasty treasure from the sea.
These cook fairly quickly; they need just three minutes per ounce. In this recipe, I used 5-ounce tails, so I baked them for 15 minutes in total.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Read More From Delishably
- 2 lobster tails, butterflied
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Thaw frozen tails by placing them in a bowl with warm water (about 15 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use a pair of scissors and cut lobster tail top shell down to the tail. Use your finger to separate meat from the shell but leave tail meat attached. Pull the meat up through the crack and rest it on top of the shell.
- Place butter, garlic powder and lemon juice in microwave-safe cup and microwave for 7 seconds. Remove cup and stir the mixture until completely melted.
- Spoon butter mixture over tails and bake them for 3 minutes per ounce. Enjoy!
© 2019 Dr Craig Wright