Smoked Paprika Baked Salmon and Buttery Mashed Potatoes
Easy and Perfect for Dinnertime
I'm a mother of two energetic toddlers, and I enjoy whipping up quick and healthy dishes for my family of four. Also, I am big fan of using an oven because all one needs to do is season the food, pop it into the oven, and then out comes healthy, baked, delicious comfort food—much like my chicken tray bake recipe. This one is no different; it's easy to conjure up, takes minimal effort, and is healthy, nutritious, and delicious, for a simple, yet satisfying meal.
NB. I also ensure that I use Sustainable Seafood: Sustainable seafood is seafood that is either caught or farmed in ways that consider the long-term vitality of harvested species and the well-being of the oceans, as well as the livelihoods of fisheries-dependent communities.
For the Mashed Potatoes
- 4 medium sized potatoes (or 8 small potatoes).
- 1 tbs of butter.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp thyme.
- 1 tbs milk.
- 4 cups of water for boiling.
For the Baked Salmon
- 6 Salmon Fillets (or one per person).
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence/Mixed Herbs.
- 1 tsp pepper.
- 1 tsp smoked paprika.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 2 tbs olive oil, 1 for salmon while baking and one for drizzling after the meal is cooked.
- Peel and cut up the potatoes and add to a pot of salted water to boil for about 15 minutes, strain and mash up adding a tablespoon of butter and a tsp of thyme and 1 tsp salt (to taste), and 1 tbs milk (optional).
- While the potatoes are boiling season your fish with all dry ingredients (mixed herbs, smoked paprika, salt and pepper) and put in a preheated oven (skin side down) at 220C/430F. Bake for 20 minutes until fish is ready. No need to turn fish midway.
- Cool and serve fish over a bed of mashed potatoes, drizzle a bit of olive oil over the dish.
Baked Salmon and Mashed Potatoes Ready to Eat!
Questions & Answers
© 2018 From The Heart