How to Barbecue Catfish
Catfish is very tasty, and it can be cooked several ways. You can add what ever seasoning you like. You can also add fruit or vegetables to give the fish more flavor. This is a good recipe because you get a variety of flavors. If you have children, keep an eye on them while eating fish. Make sure that all the bones are completely removed. Cut the tail and the fins off of fish because it can be hard to swallow.
- 2 Lemons, 1 Lemon will be sliced.
- 3 teaspoons Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 Catfish
- 1 cup Onion Stems, Chopped
- Slice and debone your catfish. Make sure all the bone is out of the fish.
- Flay the fish and rinse the fish completely with water. Cut slices of fish to the length that you desire.
- Place aluminum foil on a baking pan and place your fish on this pan.
- Squeeze some lemon juice on all of the fish. Add as much lemon juice as you desire.
- Place the sliced lemon around and on top of the fish. Doing this will give the catfish some flavor.
- Add the garlic and herb seasoning all over the fish. Spread it evenly.
- Spread butter on top of each fish and the onion stems. Make sure every ingredient is spread evenly.
- Transfer the fish on the pan to the barbeque. You will cook the fish at 400 F.
- Check the fish often to rotate the fish. Make sure it is cooked evenly on both sides and serve.
Ingredients And Side Dishes
The picture above, shows the butter is placed in chunks. As the fish is on the barbeque, the butter will melt and spread on the fish. The onion stems are for flavor. You do not have to eat these onion stems. Lemon is always good to have on fish. You don't have to eat the lemons, but the lemons give fish more flavor. You can add any type of seasoning that you desire, but I have found that garlic gives the fish better flavor. Like I mentioned at the beginning of the article, you can add any type of fruit and vegetables and it will give your fish more flavor. Green peppers is another common ingredient to cook with fish. A good side dish would be potatoes or salad.
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Brittany Banks