Brittany Banks is a young woman who likes to experiment with food. She gets bored of always eating the same meals.
Catfish is very tasty, and it can be cooked several ways. You can add whatever seasoning you like. You can also add fruit or vegetables to give the fish more flavor. This is a good recipe because you get a variety of flavors.
Note: If you have children, keep an eye on them while eating fish. Make sure that all the bones are completely removed. Cut the tail and the fins off of the fish because those parts can be hard to swallow.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 lemons
- 3 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 catfish
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- Slice and debone your catfish. Make sure all the bone is out of the fish.
- Flay the fish and rinse it completely with water. Cut equal slices in the length that you desire.
- Place aluminum foil on a baking pan and place your fish on top of the foil.
- Squeeze one lemon all of the fish.
- Slice the other lemon and place the slices around and on top of the fish. Doing this will give the catfish some flavor.
- Add the garlic and herb seasoning all over, spreading evenly.
- Spread butter and onions on top of each fillet. Make sure every ingredient is spread evenly.
- Transfer the fish on the pan to the barbeque. You will cook it at 400 F.
- Check it often to rotate the fish. Make sure it is cooked evenly on both sides and then serve.
Things to Know
- The picture above shows the butter placed in chunks. On the barbeque, the butter will melt and spread on the fish.
- The onions are for flavor. You do not have to eat them.
- Lemon is always good to have on fish. You don't have to eat the lemon slices, but they give the fish more flavor.
- You can add any type of seasoning that you desire, but I have found that garlic gives the fish better flavor.
- Like I mentioned at the beginning of the article, you can add any type of fruit or vegetable to add flavor. Green peppers go well with fish, for example.
- A good side dish would be potatoes or salad.
Questions & Answers
Question: For how long did you keep the barbecue catfish after squeezing the lemon juice on it?
Answer: Just one day.
© 2017 Brittany Banks
chef EMMANUEL okorie on October 30, 2018: