How to Prepare & Cook Barbecue Cutthroat Trout
- 9 Cutthrout Trout
- 2 Lemons, 1 Lemon needs to be sliced.
- 9 Slices Bacon
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Onion Stems, Chopped
- 2 Cups Onion, Diced
- Clean and prepare your fish. You can cut the tails off or leave them on.
- Lay down some aluminum foil on a long baking pan.
- Add your fish to the pan on top of the aluminum foil.
- Place the diced onions inside each fish.
- Squeeze out the lemon juice on the all of the fish.
- Add sliced lemon on the sides of all the fish.
- Place the chopped onion stems around the fish.
- Spread the butter on each fish and add a slice of bacon on each fish.
- Place pan inside the barbecue for 40 minutes at 400 F. Flip the fish over after 20 minutes.
- Try and not to burn yourself and take out the fish. Serve.
Preparing Your Fish and Taking Out the Bones
Make sure you prepare the fish the proper way. Clean them as well as you can. You can choose to chop all the fins and the tail off. Don't eat the fins or the tail. Watch out for bone in the fish. You should remove all the bone before you cook the fish. If you decide to leave the bone in, do not eat the bone.
Bacon, Lemons, and Onion Stems
You do not need to eat all of these items. If you want to eat the bacon, separate it from the fish at the beginning and cook it before you add it to the fish. All these ingredients are added to give the fish some flavor. You don't have to add all of these ingredients. You can use any other type of ingredient that you desire.
Wrapping The Fish
This is an optional task. You can wrap each individual fish and add the ingredients with each wrapped fish. This can help the flavor, but you don't have to do it this way. Do not put aluminum foil directly on the barbecue. This can cause the foil to catch fire and possibly burn your fish.
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Brittany Banks