How to Prepare and Barbecue Cutthroat Trout
- 9 cutthrout trout
- 2 lemons
- 9 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cups onion, diced
- Clean and prepare your fish. You can cut the tails off or leave them on.
- Lay some aluminum foil in a long baking pan.
- Add your fish on top of the aluminum foil.
- Place the diced onions atop each fish.
- Squeeze a lemon all over the fish.
- Slice the other lemon and place the slices on top of each fish.
- Place the chopped green onions around the fish.
- Spread the butter on each fish and add a slice of bacon on top of each.
- Place pan inside the barbecue for 40 minutes at 400 F. Flip it over after 20 minutes.
- Try and not to burn yourself and take out the fish. Serve.
How to Prepare Fish and Remove the Bones
Make sure you prepare the fish the proper way:
- Clean them as well as you can.
- You can chop off the fins and tail or leave them on, but don't eat them.
- Watch out for bones. You should remove all the bone before you cook the fish. If you decide to leave the bone in, do not eat the bone.
Bacon, Lemons, and Green Onions
You do not need to eat all of these items. They're included to flavor the fish while it's cooking. You don't have to add all of these ingredients, either: You can use any other type of ingredient that you desire to add flavor.
If you want to eat the bacon, cook it before you add it to the fish.
Wrapping the Fish
This is an optional task. You can wrap each individual fish with its ingredients. This can help the flavor, but you don't have to do it this way.
Do not put aluminum foil directly on the barbecue. This can cause the foil to catch fire and possibly burn your fish.
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Brittany Banks