My husband and I love exploring new places. Currently, we reside in Utah. Someday, we would like to travel all across the United States.
Fast and Easy Home-Cooked Dinner
My family love stir-fry dishes. The secret to a great stir-fry is selecting the right protein—and in my opinion, beef is the answer. To round out this dish I added some of my favorite veggies, noodles, and sauce. It was delicious.
I think the main reason why I love the dish is that it's so quick and easy: it can be made in under 30 minutes. This is one of my go-to recipes for those busy nights when I just need to get dinner on the table fast. Another great feature of this recipe is that the entire meal is cooked in one pan, which means there's minimal clean-up to do after dinner's done.
The dish is inspired by Asian flavors such as sweet soy sauce, black pepper sauce, and oyster sauce. I also added sliced red and green bell peppers to add some color and spice.
I found most of the ingredients at my local Asian market; however, if you can't find the yellow noodles, you can substitute spaghetti or linguine.
Save the leftover beef stir-fry noodles in a container in the fridge. Enjoy the leftovers the next day for lunch!
Read More From Delishably
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 100 grams beef, sliced into thin strips (I used Angus)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (5.6-oz) packets yellow noodles
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-sized shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-sized red onion, sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons black pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons water (optional)
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the noodles for 30 seconds, drain, and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or a large pan over medium heat. Saute the red onion, shallots, and garlic until it is fragrant.
- Add the sliced green and red bell pepper into the pan. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef into the pan. Stir occasionally until the beef is browned or half-cooked.
- In a small bowl, whisk the black pepper sauce, sweet soy sauce, water, chili sauce, cornstarch, and oyster sauce until smooth.
- Add the mixture to the pan and cook several minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add the yellow noodles and stir-fry continuously until the noodles are well-combined.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Place noodles on a plate or in a bowl. Garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
© 2020 Liza