Beef Stroganoff With Ground Beef and Tomato Sauce
Beef Stroganoff Simmered in Tomato Sauce
Beef stroganoff is definitely a nice dish for people to sit at the table together with, enjoying good conversation while sharing a loaf of fresh-baked garlic bread to go with the meal. The aroma of garlic and tomatoes fills the air with deliciousness. Beef stroganoff (or stroganov) is originally considered a Russian dish and has become a favorite around the world. Thus it has many different variants. Mostly they are made with strips of beef, sour cream, and mushrooms. Today we are going to change up a bit and use tomato sauce.
- 2 1/2 pound ground beef, sauted and drain grease
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can campbells tomato soup
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can puree tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (6.5 oz) Alouette Garlic and Herb soft cheese, you will only use half of this.
- 1 package wide egg noodles, cooked per instructions on bag adding 1 knorr bouillon cube to the water while noodles are cooking
- 1/2 package mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 knorr beef bouillon cube
- 2 knorr chicken bouillon cube
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt to taste if needed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
Tomato Sauces, Lots of Them
- Boil the noodles. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Tip: To give noodles some flavor, add 1 each chicken and beef bouillon cube to boiling water. Cook noodles as directed on package. When done, drain and rinse with cold water. Pour the noodles in a glass baking dish till the sauce is done.
- In a large, deep pot, cook the ground beef, onions, and mushrooms until beef is browned. Drain the grease.
- Add 1 Knorr chicken bouillon cube and 1 Knorr beef bouillon cube along with the tomato paste, soup, sauces, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir.
- Simmer low with top on for 35 minutes.
- Put about 2 cups of the hot tomato sauce in a bowl; add half of the Alouette cheese, and stir till creamy. The heat will melt the cheese while you are stirring and breaking it up.
- Pour the cheesy Alouette sauce all over the noodles. Blend together.
- Scoop the hot, simmering tomato sauce onto the noodles, mixing as you go. Blend in half a bag of shredded cheddar cheese. Mix together. The whole mixture should be saucy, not dry. Salt to taste.
- Put into the oven for 15 minutes, just enough to see the sides bubbling. You can top with more shredded cheese before putting in the oven if you like.
- Note: Keep in mind, noodles suck up the liquids pretty fast.
The Special Ingredient for This Magnificent Stroganoff
Alouette Garlic and Herb Soft Cheese.
Clean the Mushrooms by Wiping Them With a Wet Cloth
I have been using bouillon cubes from Knorr for over 30 years. I will not go with out them in my kitchen. My grandmother and mother used them also. They are a good base for soups, stews, gravies, casseroles, and more. I'm not selling or advertising, nor am I affiliated in any way with this product. It is one of my favorites, and I like to tell people about something they might not have ever tried before.
Classic or Tomato Stroganoff
What's your favorite Stroganoff
© 2017 Ramona