The Best Chili Recipe Ever
Here is the recipe for the best chili you will ever eat. Yes, I know all of the arguments about whether chili have beans or not. But you know what I say: What does it matter?
This recipe, which I've won $500.00 for, does have beans, and I myself think that chili should have beans. Chili without beans should go on hot dogs. Though people in some parts of Texas would shoot you for trying to put beans in chili.
Chili with beans should be eaten with squares of good homemade cornbread and side dishes of sliced jalapeños, diced-up green onions, and plenty of your favorite cold beer to drink with it. Below is my recipe for the world's number-one chili, hands down. Make it and let me know what you think. Is it or is it not the best?
You Will Need:
- 2 pounds of beef chuck roast cut into 1 inch-cubes. And no, do not trim away the fat. That goes in the pot.
- 1 pound of ground chuck. Not "ground beef" but ground chuck.
- 1 pound of boneless pork chops cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large purple sweet onions, finely chopped
- 2 large green bell peppers, cleaned and finely chopped
- 6 jalapeños, diced up very fine
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (16-oz.) can red kidney beans
- 1 (16-oz.) can white kidney beans
- 2 (16-oz.) cans whole tomatoes
- 2 (16-oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 4 (13-oz.) cans regular beef broth
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (pre-minced garlic from a jar works great)
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 4 bottles of Budweiser beer
- 1 large can tomato paste
In a large skillet, brown and drain your beef and pork. Add your onions, jalapenos, peppers, and chiles. Cook until your onions and peppers are done and tender. Transfer the mixture from the skillet to a large stock pot and add in all your other ingredients but your beans and tomato paste. Cook over low to medium heat, keeping the chili just below a boil for 6-8 hours. In the last hour, you want to add in your beans and your tomato paste.
Serve your chili with squares of Mexican cornbread. Have bowls of chopped green onions (including the tops), jalapeños, sour cream, and Mexican cheese on the side, so people can add what they want to their bowls.
Enjoy. There is no better chili than this, especially if you take the time to make it right. Don't take shortcuts and don't add in anything else.
Chili With Less Fire
If you want a chili with less fire, then leave out half of the cayenne pepper or remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapenos. I don't think the original recipe has too much fire, but some people like even less fire, and that's how to do it.
Tips for Cooking for the Best Results
You will want to add all of your ingredients and cook your chili down for the best results. It really does need to cook just below a boil for 6-8 hours to produce the best chili. You can't cook this chili in a Crock-Pot or slow cooker and hope to get perfect chili. While you're cooking your chili, if you think it is getting too thick, taste it. If you like what you have, then remove it from the heat. If you actually think it's too thick, add beef broth a cup or so at a time. And, of course, if it's not yet thick enough, keep cooking.
And you have now made the best-tasting chili that you will ever eat. In fact, this is the recipe I have won multiple first place cash prizes for, including the $1,000 prize in the Green Cove Springs Chili Cook-Off. Many other people have won cook-offs with this recipe as well. When you make it, please let me know what you think by posting a comment below. Hope you have fun eating it. Also, if you wish, tell us your tips, hints, or questions below.
Looking for an Easier Recipe?
How about a authentic recipe for Texas Jail-House Chili? All of these Texas chili recipes have half of the ingredients of this one, and are still very tasty.
You Will Need:
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15-oz.) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4-oz.) can green chile peppers, very well drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose plain flour
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat your oven to 300°F and spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with a non-stick cooking oil.
In a large bowl, mix together all of your ingredients together very well. Pour your mixed ingredients into the baking dish and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean. This Mexican cornbread will be absolutely wonderful with the chili above. You will not find a better combination anywhere.