Breaded Chicken Liver Recipe
It all started when . . .
I was craving for a chicken liver dish. Usually, I would cook it like adobo, but my son doesn't like it. So I searched for a recipe that would satisfy my cravings and make him want to eat the same food I would prepare.
- 250g Chicken liver
- 1 small can or 1 cup milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 pack Breading mix, *Or you may use flour mixed with garlic powder, pepper and salt
- Cooking oil
- Cloves of garlic, Chopped (optional)
- Wash the chicken liver. Drain excess water.
- Beat the egg. Add milk. Mix. Then soak the chicken liver for a few minutes. *You may choose to soak first the chicken liver in milk for a few minutes then dip in beaten egg when you're ready to cook it.
- One by one, coat the chicken liver in breading mix. I want a garlicky flavor so since I already chopped the garlic, I mixed it here before I coated the liver.
- Heat the oil in pan. Fry the coated chicken liver until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil as you take each off the pan. Serve while hot and crispy.
How to photosClick thumbnail to view full-size
As I was cooking it, I was thinking of ways on how to do the other way around. I mean, I can probably mix spices on the egg before coating it (If I will not use the prepared breading mix) then use a sealed pouch to coat each liver evenly.
Finally, I was able to let my son eat chicken liver. He said that he wanted it this way, served with vinegar sauce (mixed with a pinch of sugar, salt and ground pepper). I guess the garlic also helped to mask the unlikely (malansa) and bitter taste of the liver. He even consumed 3/4 of the dish I prepared.
Try it or do it your way and tell me what you think.
© 2018 momiyhang