Just a stay-at-home mother looking to make your life simpler.
As a mother of three, I know feeding a family can become quite expensive. So I like to bargain shop. I love the day when I can buy a weeks worth of meat for $25. Then it's a matter of being creative enough with what you get so that you don't have to hear the typical whine of "That again!?!" that so often can come from children. These pork butt steaks cost me less than $3 for a pound and a half of meat.
They are actually quite tasty. They can be cooked in several different ways. This is just one of my favorite ways to cook them.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 35 min
1 hour 50 min
2 Adults and a Toddler in my house
- 1 tablespoon Oil of your choice
- 1 1/2 lbs Pork Butt Steak
- Sprinkle Season all
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder, Fine Chopped Onion can be used
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder, Fresh Garlic can be used instead
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire, Optional
10 Steps to Yum
- Pre-heat your oil of choice in the pan on medium to high heat and set your oven to 300 degrees.
- While your pan is heating up, sprinkle your pork with Season All.
- Once your oil is hot, add your pork to the pan.
- Fry on each side for approx. 2 minutes or until light brown.
- While your meat is browning, combine ketchup, water, BBQ sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire. If you like spice, I also add cayenne for an added kick. Up to your taste buds! Mix well.
- By now, your pork should be ready. Pull your steaks out, and put them on a metal cooking sheet. I prefer a metal cake pan. Pour half of the sauce over your steaks.
- Add your steaks to your pre heated to 300 degrees oven and cook for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Pull steaks out and turn your oven to broil.
- Cover the steaks with the other half of sauce and place back in the oven to broil for an additional 15 minutes.
- Eat your yummy pork steaks!