I have a B.S. in accounting and a certificate in culinary arts. These two credentials help me efficiently manage our kitchen.
Hot dogs are a fan favorite all over the world. They can be cooked in a variety of ways, including frying, grilling, steaming, or boiling. Typically, they are served on hot dog buns, but they can also be enjoyed with steamed or fried rice.
In this simple recipe, we level up our hot dogs by cooking them with sauteed onions and ketchup, and then topping them with cheese.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 to 3 servings
- 3 large hot dogs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cooking oil, for frying and sauteeing
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Read More From Delishably
- 1 medium bowl
- 3 small bowl
- Measuring cups
- Chopping board
- Cheese grater
- Frying pan
- Slotted spatula
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan. Fry the hot dog slices until almost done. Set aside.
- Use remaining oil to caramelize the onion. When the onion has begun to change color, add the hot dog slices back into the pan.
- Add the ketchup. Continue cooking until done.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Serve with steamed or fried rice.
Tips and Techniques
- Experiment with different types of cheese.
- For a spicy twist, add chili flakes or hot sauce.
- Replace regular hot dogs with cheese dogs.
- Caramelized onions add a touch of sweetness to the dish.
More Quick and Easy Meals
- Leftover Chicken in Mushroom Gravy Sauce
Using leftovers can be economic, reduce waste, and taste delicious. This recipe is one of chicken go-tos.
- How to Make Pork Burger Patties With Breadcrumbs
Try our pork burger patties with breadcrumbs at home. Serve these delicious burger patties anytime you want and with any condiments you prefer.
© 2021 Travel Chef