Heather is happiest when taking a beautiful photo, creating something in her kitchen, or elbows-deep in a DIY project.
What Can You Make With Leftover Turkey?
It's no secret that I love leftovers. Loving leftovers doesn't mean I eat the same exact thing every day. I hate to waste food and with some practice it can be pretty easy to revamp last night's leftovers into something different and delicious. In the midst of the holiday season, I bring you this tasty little pot pie that can help you use leftovers in the easiest and yummiest way possible. This recipe is perfect for using up all of your turkey leftovers from Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's. The final result also happens to taste like leftover heaven!
Rate this Recipe!
Homemade Pot Pies From Scratch
Are you looking for turkey meal recipes and ideas that are tried, true, and don't call for exotic ingredients? These pot pies can be the star of your dinner or a super special side dish. The individual pies allow you to serve with ease. This recipe doesn't call for pie crusts or dough so you can spend less time preparing and more quality time eating dinner with the people you love. Homemade doesn't have to take all of your time and energy—this individual pot pie recipe will show you exactly what I mean.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
12 Delicious and Little Pot Pies
Best Pot Pie Recipe
Turkey and Veggies
Pot Pie Ingredients
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup turkey, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
Instructions for Making Mini Turkey Pot Pies
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Generously grease or spray muffin pan and set aside.
- In bowl, combine onion, parsley, turkey, broccoli, potatoes, and carrots. Mix well.
- In second bowl, whisk together milk, broth, and Bisquick.
- Using spoon, evenly distribute turkey and veggie mixture into muffin cups.
- Top each pie off with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Pour batter over cheese and veggies, just filling each muffin cup.
- Bake in 400° oven for 30 minutes or until center of pies test done.
Read More From Delishably
Homemade Turkey Pot Pie Recipe Made Easy
Easy to Bake!
This mini pot pie recipe uses basic ingredients that you probably already have. Ready before you know it, these are easy to make and can be frozen for yummy snacking or last-minute dinners.
Quick to Take!
The individual pies make lunchtime fast and easy: reheat just one or two at home or pack up and take to the office.
Cute as Cake!
You probably wouldn't ever serve pot pies at a dinner party or holiday gathering but these little guys (or gals) are gorgeous enough to make an appearance.
The Simplest of Simple Turkey Recipes
Tips for Making the Best Homemade Mini Pot Pies
- Be sure to chop your ingredients well. The ingredients should easily fit into each muffin cup and you want to be able to taste a little bit of everything with every delicious bite you take of your finished pot pies.
- Use what you have—fresh, frozen, leftover... whatever! I used leftover Thanksgiving turkey, fresh carrots and potatoes, and frozen broccoli.
- Be generous when spraying or greasing your muffin pan! If you're good to the muffin pan, it should be good to you in return. A well-greased pan will always release your delicious pies with ease. So pay extra close attention to the sides and corners.
- Use a tablespoon to gently press your ingredients down if your muffin cups seem to be too full.
- Your mini pot pies shouldn't bubble over, but if you're worried, place your muffin pan on a foil-lined cookie sheet to keep things clean and easy.
- These little pies look cute and yummy from every angle! Serve right side up or upside down.
Pot pies are one of my favorite comfort foods—especially on a rainy or chilly day. This is a great alternative to frozen store-bought pot pies because you can customize them to your taste palate and you know exactly what the ingredients are. I really love pairing broccoli with cheddar cheese! What would you put in your mini pot pie recipes?
Mini Prepared Turkey Dinners
© 2013 Heather