Linda's Chicken Curry Skillet With Vegetables and Potatoes
Chicken Curry Skillet Dinner
Chicken Curry Skillet
Chicken Curry Skillet Recipe
This is a simple chicken curry skillet dish that will wow your taste buds. The blend of curry, chicken, vegetables, and potatoes will leave you wanting seconds.
I feel so grateful that my late father taught me how to cook at a young age. He taught me a great lesson: have fun, and don't get caught up in exact measurements.
This recipe came to be because of my love of curry, chicken, vegetables, and potatoes. I played with different spices and ingredients until I came up with a skillet dish that I knew my family would love. I hope you enjoy it too.
Chicken Curry with Vegetables and Potatoes
Do you like cooking with curry powder
Definition of Curry
Curry according to Wikipedia:
Curry (/ˈkʌri/, plural curries) is a dish originating in the cuisine of the Indian Subcontinent. The common feature is the use of complex combinations of spices or herbs, usually including fresh or dried hot chillies. The use of the term is generally limited to dishes prepared in a sauce.
Cook Time for Chicken Curry Skillet
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut into Chunks
- 1 Large White Onion, Diced
- 1 Cup Celery, Diced
- 1 Cup Carrots, Thinly Sliced
- 5 Red or White Potatoes, Cut into Slices or Quarters
- 2 Tablespoons Curry Powder, Mild
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Minced
- 1 Cup Bell Peppers, Diced
- Rinse chicken breasts under cool water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
- Put olive oil and butter into skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken chunks, curry, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to skillet; stir until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add diced onion, celery, bell peppers, and carrots to skillet; cover and cook until vegetables are soft (stir frequently during cooking process).
- Add sliced or quartered potatoes to skillet; cover and simmer until heated through.
© 2016 Linda Rogers
More by this Author
A delicious and easy cucumber salad recipe. I've tried every kind of cucumber salad, and this one is my favorite.