My passion for cooking leads me to travel to different places, eat authentic local dishes, and inspire everybody to enjoy their lives!
My version of chicken soup is inspired by an authentic Filipino dish called "Chicken Tinola." It can be served as an appetizer or a main dish. What I love about this dish is that the ginger enhances the flavor of the soup. It is something that will surely give you a warm and comforting feeling even during the coldest weather. Enjoy this delicious and nutritious chicken in ginger broth with chayote and rice noodles at home!
- 6 pieces chicken, (drumette part)
- 3 pieces garlic clove, minced
- 1 piece chicken cubes
- 1 piece chayote (sayote), cubed
- 1 piece ginger, sliced (thumb size)
- 1 piece onion, sliced (small)
- 1 1/2 liters water
- 125 grams rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 Pitcher
- 1 Large Bowl
- 2 Medium Bowls
- 4 Small Bowls
- Chopping Board
- Stock Pot
- Cooking Spoon
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 5 min
- Saute garlic, ginger and onion in a hot oil.
- Add the chicken drumettes and cook until browned.
- Pour in water and add fish sauce. Bring to boil.
- Add the noodles and cook until slightly soft.
- Add chayote and let it cook until tender.
- Finish the dish with salt and pepper.
- Serve while still hot.
More Flavorful Chicken Recipes
- How to Make Chicken Lollipops Out of Chicken Wings
How do you make chicken lollipops? I make mine with either the wingettes or drumettes of chicken wings. I'll show you my step-by-step procedure for making this delicious finger food.
- How to Make Chicken Menudo: A Filipino-Inspired Dish
Menudo is a Filipino stew that is traditionally made with pork. In this recipe, I used chicken to create a healthier version of this classic stew.
© 2018 Travel Chef
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on July 19, 2018:
Yes! Something that I really enjoy during cold weather. Try it, you will also love this one! ('',)
Liz Westwood from UK on July 19, 2018:
This looks like a tasty recipe.