Chicken in Ginger Broth With Chayote and Rice Noodles Recipe
My version of chicken soup is inspired by a famous authentic Filipino dish. They call the dish "Chicken Tinola." It can be served as an appetizer or a main dish. What I love about this dish is that the ginger enhances the flavor of the soup. It is something that will surely give you that warm and comforting feeling during cold weather. Enjoy this delicious and nutritious chicken in ginger broth with chayote and rice noodles at your home.
- 6 pieces chicken, (drumette part)
- 3 pieces garlic clove, minced
- 1 piece chicken cubes
- 1 piece sayote, cubed
- 1 piece ginger, sliced (thumb size)
- 1 piece onion, sliced (small)
- 1 1/2 liters water
- 125 grams rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
What is Drumette?
It is a part of the wing with a shape like a small chicken drumstick.
- 1 Pitcher
- 1 Large Bowl
- 2 Medium Bowls
- 4 Small Bowls
- Chopping Board
- Stock Pot
- Cooking Spoon
- Saute garlic, ginger and onion in a hot oil.
- Add the chicken drumettes and cook until browned.
- Pour in water and add fish sauce. Bring to boil.
- Add the noodles and cook until slightly soft.
- Add chayote and let it cook until tender.
- Finish the dish with salt and pepper.
- Serve while still hot.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan