I love making tasty recipes, and I enjoy sharing them with others.
Chef's Own Recipe
This is a very easy recipe for Chinese-style fried chicken wings. I got this recipe from a friend who was a chef at a Chinese restaurant. The seasoning is very simple. What you need is just regular soy sauce, oyster sauce, fresh ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper. It's crunchy and delicious.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
24 hours 30 min
What You Need
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Canola oil, for deep frying
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup all-purpose-flour
How to Make
- Rinse the chicken wings under cold running water. Drain and pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken wings, grated ginger, garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt, and black pepper.
- Marinate the chicken wings overnight.
- In a bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and cornstarch.
- Place the chicken wings in the flour mixture. Dust and coat the wings evenly with flour.
- Heat about 3 inches of canola oil in a wok to 350°F. Then drop the chicken wings into the hot oil. Deep-fry until the wings turn golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oil with a strainer. Drain them on a wire rack.
- Serve it warm.