Chrissy's Pot Pie With Crescent Roll Top
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 25 min
Ready in: 50 min
Yields: 1 large pot pie or 4 small pies
- 2 cups raw meat, ground beef, chopped beef, pork, chicken, or turkey
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup or can corn
- 2 cups red or gold potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or unsalted butter
- 1 pie crust
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
- Place your pie crust in your chosen dish or dishes. If making one large or small individual ones, this will produce one large or 4 small pies.
In a large deep skillet add your garlic, onions, butter/ olive oil & meat and brown your meat. Add vegetables, potatoes and sweat down until potatoes are almost all the way cooked. Roughly 20 minutes. Here are a few pics to see different styles. You can omit any veggies from the recipe your family or friends wouldn't like.
- Once your potatoes are almost cooked add your cream soup. Cook on medium heat until your cream soup starts bubbling.
Filling Pie Crust:
Next place your pie mixture into your pie crust. Bake at 425 for 12-14 minutes until your pie crust is golden brown around the edges.
- While this is in the oven on wax paper place your crescent dough out and press with your hands together gently to make it one piece. Cut to size for your pie or pies. You may add cheese to the top before you add your top crescent crust if you choose to.
place the crescent roll sheet over the top of your pie and fold over the ends or edges. Cut slits in the top to let air escape.
- Place pie/s in oven at the temperature and use the directions that are specified on the crescent roll container to finish cooking.
Once your top is golden brown remove from the oven and let rest 10-15 min to set up.
Serve and indulge as the Romans did!
Please Note: Weaving a lattice top crust should be done prior to placing over the pie since it is hot when you add the top. Simply place your lattice top on wax paper or parchment paper and have it already assembled and ready to flip onto the top, otherwise your crescent roll top will fall apart being so delicate and when it gets close to the heat it will fall apart!
- Slow-cooker option:
place meat, potatoes, veggies, seasoning, cream soup, garlic, salt and pepper with 1/2 cup of water cook 4-6 hours. Then go back to 3rd step filling pie section of directions.