How to Make Oven Baked Chicken Thighs with Thyme and Green Onions
Oven Baked Chicken with Thyme and Green Onion
Chicken thighs have the most flavour—the meat is juicy and easy to cook. Let's cook like a professional. My friends and family LOVE this easy, delicious dish.
This is a very easy recipe; you only need chicken thighs, thyme, green onions, season salt, black pepper, and cooking oil. You will also need a frying pan that can go from the stove top to the oven.
- 6 chicken thighs with skin and bone-in
- Large Ziploc bag
- A bunch of green onion, chopped into one-inch pieces
- A bunch of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of season salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- If you like peppers, use one whole scotch bonnet pepper, finely chopped without seeds
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil—I prefer unrefined coconut oil
- Frying pan that can go from stove top to oven
- Clean chicken thighs of excess fat, and wash and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place chicken thighs in Ziploc bag. Add season salt and black pepper. Close Ziploc bag and toss to coat the legs completely. Marinate for 15 to 20 minutes. You can start cooking process immediately if you wish.
- Add cooking oil to frying pan and heat on medium heat until oil is hot.
- Remove each piece from Ziploc back and place in the frying pan (skin side down first). When golden brown, turn and brown the other sides.
- Remove from pan and add half of the chopped green onion, chopped thyme and chopped scotch bonnet pepper to the pan. Spread evenly in bottom of pan and place chicken thighs on top of the chopped ingredients.
- Cover pan and place in 365 degree oven for 35 minutes. Check oven after 25 minutes, and lower heat to 350 degrees and remove lid. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Turn off oven, remove pan, evenly sprinkle the rest of the chopped ingredients over the chicken thighs and place back in oven to allow spices to settle into meat.
This goes well with salads, rice, quinoa or your favourite side dish. If you have left overs refrigerate and it will taste amazing the next day too!! YUMMEE!!