How to Make Oven-Baked Chicken Thighs With Thyme & Green Onions
Chicken thighs have the most flavour—the meat is juicy and easy to cook. My friends and family love this easy, delicious dish.
This is a very easy recipe; you only need chicken thighs, thyme, green onions, seasoning salt, black pepper, and cooking oil.
- 6 chicken thighs with skin and bone-in
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped into one-inch pieces
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of seasoning salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 whole scotch bonnet pepper, finely chopped without seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil (I prefer unrefined coconut oil)
You will also need one large Ziploc bag and a frying pan that can go from the stovetop to the oven.
- Clean the chicken thighs of excess fat, wash them, and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place the chicken thighs in a Ziploc bag. Add the salt and black pepper. Close the Ziploc bag and toss to coat the legs completely. Marinate for 15 to 20 minutes. You can start the cooking process immediately if you wish.
- Add cooking oil to frying pan and heat on medium heat until the oil is hot.
- Remove each piece from the Ziploc back and place them in the frying pan (skin side down first). When golden brown, turn each piece to brown the other side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and add half of the chopped green onion, chopped thyme and chopped scotch bonnet pepper to the pan. Spread evenly in bottom of the pan and place the chicken thighs back on top of the chopped ingredients.
- Cover pan and place in 365-degree oven for 35 minutes. Check oven after 25 minutes, and lower heat to 350 degrees and remove the lid. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Turn off the oven, remove the pan, evenly sprinkle the rest of the chopped ingredients over the chicken thighs and place it back in the oven to allow the spices to settle into the meat.
This dish goes well with salads, rice, quinoa or your favourite side dish. If you want leftovers, refrigerate this dish and it will taste amazing the next day too! Yummy!