Easy, Quick Recipes: Roasted Turkey Thighs With Quaker Oats
Turkey Is Cheap This Time of Year
Hello to everyone out there. It's a nice, snowy day with the big flakes coming down. This time of year, turkey leftover in the stores from the holidays is inexpensive to buy. We are all looking forward to roasting turkey to put in the oven and flood the house with wonderful cooking smells.
I am one of those few people that just can't get into the white breast meat of the turkey, so the recipe I am using today is using turkey thighs.
I marinate the turkey thighs with soy sauce, mustard, hot pepper sauce, olive oil, S/P, and balsamic vinegar. Then I lift it out of there and rolling them in oats. You heard me: old-fashioned Quaker oats. I found out that of the top ten stress-reducing foods, oats were number one and are also gluten-free.
I roasted these turkey thighs in my little toaster oven, and I'll tell you what they were fabulous. The oats roasted into a crispy nutty flavor, and the turkey is so moist on the inside. You can see from the photo how moist and tender they are.
Hope you all have a wonderful year. And God bless all your friends and family and all their family and friends. Amen.
- 2 - 4 oz turkey thighs, skin removed
- 1 tbls soya sauce
- 1 tbls your choice mustard
- spash hot pepper sauce, or not
- 1 tbls olive oil
- salt/pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups quacker oats
Cooking Instructions for Quaker Oat Turkey Thighs
- Take all the ingredients except the turkey thighs and the oats and mix together in a bowl.
- Then smother the turkey thighs in the mixture. You can marinate these thighs in the refrigerator overnight for a more intense flavor.
- Take the thighs out of the marinade and roll into the Quaker oats. The olive oil will help to stick the oats to the turkey thighs. I didn't use eggs because I cannot eat them.
- Roast in an pre-heated 400 degree oven or toaster oven for 45 minutes. Check with a food thermometer to make sure the thighs are cooked to 170 degrees. Rest for 5 minutes before enjoying.
Roasted Quaker Oat Skinless Turkey Thighs Nutritional Information
|Serving size: 1oz|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 23 mg||8%|
|Sodium 112 mg||5%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|