Slow-Cooker Cream of Chicken Soup
When you have a week of hot weather and you don't want to heat up the house, all you need is a crock pot, a soup ladle, and your measuring utensils, and then you are ready to go. This meal can be prepped in the morning, started, and walked away from. Come back at supper, and serve it up. This delicious creamy chicken soup will be a hit with everyone.
This Soup is Umm Good
Slow Cooker And Stirring Utensils
Chicken Soup Ingredients
- 4 Pieces Chicken Breast, Skinned
- 1/2 Cup Rice, Basmati, Rinsed
- 1 Cup Mixed Veggies, Peas, Carrots, Corn, Fresh or Frozen
- 2 Pieces Green Onion, Diced
- 3 Pieces Celery, Diced
- 1 TBSP Italian Spice blend
- 1/12 TSP Pepper
- 1/2 TSP Sea Salt
- 1 PKG Cream of Leak Mix
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Marble Cheese, Shredded
- 1 PKG Red Lobster Biscuit Mix, Make according to the box
- 1TBSP Minced Garlic
- Set the slow cooker to high. Skin the chicken pieces and lay them in the cooker. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. add half cup of water and let cook for 30 min. Then add the rest of the water, Minced garlic, diced celery and green onions. Add rice and veggies and mix into the pot Cook for another 30 min and turn to low. Mix cream of leak in a bowl or measuring cup with 1/2 cup of water with a wisk. Now add the cream of leak package.
- About 30 min before its done add the milk. Cover. Make up the biscits according to the box. One bag makes 8 biscits. Be sure to preheat your oven about 30 min before chicken soup is done. Use a cookie sheet and place in the oven. Serve one with bowl of chicken soup. Add a pinch of shredded cheese to the middle of bowl. Sit and enjoy.
- I serve one piece of chicken and a biscit with each bowl of soup.
Do You Like Soup?
Do You Like Cream of Chicken Soup?
To Jazz It Up
If you want to jazz up this soup, you can add these ingredients:
- 1 TSP Soy Sauce
- 1 TSP Worcestershire Sauce
- Crack and whisk in one egg
- Cream instead of the milk
- Yellow onion instead of the green onions
- 1 Cup Fresh mushrooms or 1 can
Sometimes we just add the soy and Worcestershire sauce to the individual bowl. It just depends on the peoples taste that will be at dinner that night. Then add a little love and you can't go wrong. My family loves this meal no matter what time of year it is. The Red Lobster biscuits are their favorite.
Our Favourite Chicken Soup
One of the reasons we love this soup is because each person gets a full serving of chicken with their soup. The chicken also gets the chance to cook low and slow making it extra tender. The flavors and creaminess of the soup are like no other. Your entire family will enjoy this soup any time of year. Even the clean up is easy with this one dish meal. Now grab your homemade bun and soup and let's eat.
© 2017 Terrie Lynn