Thelma is a syndicated newspaper food columnist and a former field editor for Taste of Home magazine.
If you are looking for a quick and easy chicken dish to serve for dinner, give this recipe a try. The addition of sour cream makes a rich tasting sauce to serve over the chicken and noodles or rice.
The Knorr's vegetable soup mix used in this recipe is ideal for flavoring the chicken and the sauce. It is a good item to keep on hand in your pantry as it also makes an excellent dip.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- seasoning salt to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 package Knorr Classics Vegetable Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- Rinse chicken, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with seasoning salt and garlic powder.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add water, soup mix and dill to the pan. Stir to mix well. Return chicken to pan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer and cover. Keep stirring every few minutes until the chicken is done. To test for doneness, make a small cut in one of the chicken pieces and see if the juices come out clear. If yes, then it is done.
- Remove chicken from the pan and place on a platter. Stir in the sour cream. Continue stirring until it is mixed well and the sauce has gotten hot again. Don't let it boil.
- You can either spoon the sauce over the chicken on the platter or serve it separately in a gravy boat and allow each person to add it on their own plate. The sauce is delicious served over rice, egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
© 2017 Thelma Raker Coffone