Melissa is a certified food scientist with over 20 years in the food industry. New food development and matching are her specialties.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 whole fryer chicken
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, sliced
- 17 ounces whole milk Greek yogurt, (I like Fage)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce
- 1 container grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, sliced and halved
- 1 red onion, sliced and halved thin
- Spinach and herb tortillas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ripe avocados, halved and sliced
Read More From Delishably
- Boil the chicken in salt water for 45 minutes. Remove and let cool before deboning and shredding. Save the stock (liquid the chicken was cooked in) for other recipes. (This is a good time to make stock out of leftover veggies.)
- Mix the yogurt, mustard, and spices in a separate bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- To the shredded chicken, add grapes, celery, and almonds. Add the yogurt curry mixture. Mix well. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Assemble the wraps. Place a tortilla on the plate. Top with half a sliced avocado, cucumber, tomato, greens, onion, lettuce, and a heaping spoon of chicken salad. Salt and pepper the veggies to taste.
- Fold like a burrito or enjoy open faced.