How to Make Mouthwatering Honey-Garlic Meatballs
How to Make Honey-Garlic Meatballs
My mother is always experimenting with easy dishes to make for her weekly church dinners, and these honey-garlic meatballs always garner rave reviews. She developed the recipe and passed it down to me.
I like to serve this dish as a main entree paired with a side dish of buttered noodles. I also prefer using leaner hamburger meat and Italian-style breadcrumbs. Feel free to experiment with the ingredients and add your own twist!
Preparation and Cook Time
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Add the ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, onion, eggs, and salt into a large bowl. Make sure to mix everything thoroughly.
- Shape the mixture into 1" balls. You can do this with a spoon or a meatball-shaping tool, but I like to use my hands because it's the easiest way to shape a perfect ball.
- Place the meatballs onto a large cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes at 500 degrees.
- Drain the meatballs well after removing them from the oven. Put them in a large bowl and set them aside while you make the sauce.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in the microwave. Once it's melted, add the garlic and microwave it until the garlic is tender.
- Add ketchup, honey, and soy sauce to the garlic butter and heat it through in the microwave.
- Pour the sauce into the bowl and stir until the meatballs is covered.