Ideas for Dinner Using Canned Chicken Breast Recipes
Ideas for Dinner
Having this canned protein ready to go is great because you can store it in your pantry for basically as long as you need to. Some brands are even 98 percent fat free. You can make quick chicken salads, chicken wraps, or throw the chicken in soup to add some protein and flavor. Let me share some specific recipes with you!
There are many easy combinations that you can throw together quickly when using canned chicken as your main source of protein. For instance, a can of chicken and a few other ingredients will make this easy chicken burger recipe that's just below. This recipe is economical, quick, and is sure to please those who love burgers.
- One 13 ounce can of chunk chicken
- 1/2 cup Quick cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons Ground flaxmeal
- One Large egg
- One tablespoon Olive oil
- One small Chopped onion
- One chopped green pepper
- One-quarter cup Fresh parmesan cheese
- One tablespoon Oregano, basil, garlic powder
- One-half teaspoon Dry chile pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame Oil
- Drain the can of chicken.
- Break up the chunks with a fork.
- Add oats and flaxmeal
- Add chopped onion, green pepper and cheese.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Add the spices, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil a large frying pan.
- Make chicken patties with your hands. Make sure they are very firm. They should be at room temperature for cooking.
- Add the patties to the frying pan and turn over at least once until the are lightly browned.
Serve These Burgers With...
Serve the burger on toasted whole grain rolls with lettuce, tomatoes, and sliced cucumbers. Add mayonnaise and mustard to your taste. Serve with a green salad, potato salad, or pasta salad.
Additional Recipe Suggestions
Canned Chicken Is Also Delicious in an Omelette
Ideas for Dinner
Chicken Salad: Mix a can of chicken with two tablespoons of sour cream, chopped celery, one-half cup of walnuts, chopped red peppers, and chopped black olives. Add some garlic powder, lemon pepper spice, basil, and oregano to taste.
Chicken Wrap: Mix a can of chicken with two tablespoons of mayonnaise, black olives, and sesame seeds. Add a teaspoon of curry powder, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper. Spread Dijon mustard on the tortilla shell or lavash bread, add two lettuce leaves and scoop of the chicken mixture, and then roll up for the wrap.
Chicken and rice: Cook your rice according to directions. Brown garlic and one onion in sesame oil until tender. Add finely chopped sweet red peppers. Add a teaspoon of cumin, cayenne pepper, ginger, and season salt. Blend the chicken mixture in the rice.