Quick, Easy, and Delicious Butter Chicken Recipe
Tasty Butter Chicken
Butter Chicken or Murgh Makhani originated in the Indian subcontinent. It consists of chunks of chicken cooked in a delicious buttery creamy tomato based gravy.
Usually paired with Indian bread like Naan or Kulcha, but goes well with rice as well.
Ingredients - Butter Chicken
- Chicken boneless breast - 2 lbs
- pepper powder, red chili powder - 1 tsp/each
- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp (*Twist)
- salt to taste
- onion finely chopped - 1 1/2 cup
- garam masala - 2 tsp
- red chili powder, cumin powder, cayenne powder, pepper - 1 tsp/each
- ginger and garlic finely minced - 2 tsp (*Twist)
- cinnamon stick - 3" stick
- tomato puree - 14 oz
- fresh cream - 1 cup
- coriander for garnish
- salt to taste
- Get the Mise en place
- Cut the boneless chicken into small cubes.
- Marinate the chicken - In a mixing bowl add the the chicken cubes, pepper, red chili powder, turmeric powder, (*Twist: add ginger garlic paste), salt to taste. Mix well and let it rest for 45 mins.
- Heat 2 tsp of butter (*Twist: add finely minced ginger and garlic and fry well), add chicken cubes and cook till almost done.
- Heat 3 tsp of butter, add the finely chopped onion, garam masala, red chili powder, cumin powder, cayenne powder, pepper, cinnamon stick.
- Mix well and fry for 2 -3 mins.
- Add the tomato puree and fry for 3 mins, add a cup of water and let it boil for 2 mins.
- Add the fresh cream.
- Add Chicken and let it simmer for 10 - 12 mins.
- Add 1 tsp of butter. Garnish with coriander.
Enjoy your delicious butter chicken
Please rate this recipe, share reviews & post your questions below, I would love to know how it turned out.
Did you try any interesting twists ? Please share...
Easy Butter Chicken
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Dexter Dias