Dexter Dias has been an online writer for two years. He loves writing about cooking.
Butter Chicken or Murgh Makhani originated in the Indian subcontinent. It consists of chunks of chicken cooked in a delicious buttery creamy tomato based gravy.
It's usually paired with Indian bread, like Naan or Kulcha, but it goes well with rice as well.
- Chicken boneless breast—2 lbs
- pepper powder, red chili powder—1 tsp/each
- turmeric powder—1/2 tsp
- ginger garlic paste—1 tsp (*Twist)
- salt to taste
- onion finely chopped—1 1/2 cup
- garam masala—2 tsp
- red chili powder, cumin powder, cayenne powder, pepper—1 tsp/each
- ginger and garlic finely minced—2 tsp (*Twist)
- cinnamon stick—3" stick
- tomato puree—14 oz
- fresh cream—1 cup
- coriander for garnish
- salt to taste
- Get the Mise en place
- Cut the boneless chicken into small cubes.
- Marinate the chicken—In a mixing bowl add the the chicken cubes, pepper, red chili powder, turmeric powder, (*Twist: add ginger garlic paste), salt to taste. Mix well and let it rest for 45 mins.
- Heat 2 tsp of butter (*Twist: add finely minced ginger and garlic and fry well), add chicken cubes and cook till almost done.
- Heat 3 tsp of butter, add the finely chopped onion, garam masala, red chili powder, cumin powder, cayenne powder, pepper, cinnamon stick.
- Mix well and fry for 2—3 mins.
- Add the tomato puree and fry for 3 mins, add a cup of water and let it boil for 2 mins.
- Add the fresh cream.
- Add Chicken and let it simmer for 10—12 mins.
- Add 1 tsp of butter. Garnish with coriander.
Enjoy Your Delicious Butter Chicken
Please rate this recipe, share reviews & post your questions below, I would love to know how it turned out.
Did you try any interesting twists ? Please share...
Easy Butter Chicken
© 2017 Dexter Dias