Jane is an Australian who loves cooking, fishing, camping, and gardening.
This easy meal is so simple you don't need a recipe! It's a quick dinner for when you don't have anything planned, as you won't need very many ingredients.
- 1 kg (2.2 pound) of pork spare ribs; I use the boneless variety.
- Your favorite sauce. I use Masterfoods Smokey BBQ Marinade, but you could use any flavor that takes your fancy. The one that I use is approximately 375g in size (about 13 ounces). I use the whole bottle.
- Lay the meat in the oven pan.
- Grab the marinade sauce of your choice and pour it over your pork spare ribs. Make sure you thoroughly cover the ribs. Add water if you run out of sauce. This ensures your ribs wont burn and that the flavor is introduced to the whole rib. You could marinate these ribs overnight but they should sit in the sauce for at least 1 hour.
- Place the dish into an oven that was preheated to 200 degrees Celsius (390 degrees Fahrenheit) for about 30 to 45 minutes. These times are based on a fan-forced oven, so you may need to adjust if your oven is different.
I like serving these pork spare ribs with mashed potato. Drizzle extra marinade sauce over the mashed potato for a flavor hit!
Randy on September 23, 2011:
My favorite spare ribs are Saint Louis spare ribs! They're the best. What about you?
LeonJane (author) from Australia on June 16, 2011:
Thanks Heuchera and HubbyHubberton for your kind comments!
Heuchera on October 21, 2009:
Thanks for the reminder that delicious food doesn't have to be complicated. Spare ribs tonight!