How to Make Simple Fried Chicken for One
- 2 Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper, Grounded
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
Going to university and living on campus has taught me a few things. Meat is expensive and being vegetarian is almost sustainable. However, I can't live without meat, especially chicken. So I had to find ways to eat meat for cheap but make it tasty. This recipe is as simple as fried chicken gets. In my next posts, I shall be posting pictures since I forgot to take pictures this time. I prefer this recipe with fries because it reminds me of home and my mother's cooking.
- Boil water in a saucepan. Add the chicken to the water before it starts boiling. Leave for 15 mins.
- Once 15 mins are over, drain the chicken and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Rub the salt and black pepper onto each of the chicken legs
- Pour oil into a frying pan and heat the oil. Once the oil is hot, place the chicken gently into the oil.
- Cook each side of the chicken for 2 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oil and place on a plate and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks
- You may interchange any of the recipes listed in the ingredients for your own personal choice.
- Serve with anything. Especially french fries.
Alternate Cooking Method
If you want to choose a healthier way to cook your chicken.You may choose to bake the chicken instead for frying it. Place the chicken on a baking tray. Drizzle olive oil (any oil of choice) onto the chicken. Bake it for 5 minutes or until crispy on both sides at 180 degrees Celsius.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Sharon Kahumbu