Easy and Tasty Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork (Crockpot)
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 9 hours
Ready in: 9 hours 5 min
Yields: 3.6 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 3 - 5 pound Pork Shoulder Roast, (adjust cook time for larger roast, approx. 2 hours per extra pound or until easily shredded)
- Sea Salt or Table Salt
- Season all sides of the pork roast with sea salt or table salt. The amount will vary based on the roast size, but shoot for ½ tablespoon to 1 tablespoon. If you are not sure, use less the first time you try it. You don’t want to use too much or it will make the broth too salty, but you still want to use enough to lightly salt every side and rub into the creases.
- Now, do the same thing with paprika. Again, the amount will vary based on the size of the roast, but you’ll want to give each side a light coat of seasoning (refer to the photo at the top).
- Next, simply position your roast in the slow-cooker with the fat side up.
- Cook the roast on low for the time indicated (approximately 9 hours for a 3.6 pound shoulder roast). If you need to adjust the cook time, try adding or subtracting 2 hours for every pound (or 1 hour for every half-pound), or simply cook until the pork is falling off of the bone and easily shreds.
- When the roast has been cooked, remove it from the slow-cooker with utensils and shred on a plate or in a large storage container for the refrigerator or freezer. Taste the shredded pork before adding any of the liquid broth, and then if you want to add broth, sample a little bit with the pork first to make sure it is not too salty. If it is too salty, mix in some water until you get the flavor you want.
- Add desired broth amount to the shredded pork and enjoy! Use it in wraps, sandwiches, salads, or simply eat it by itself!