Frito Ranch Casserole
Just Out of the Oven
Please Rate the Frito Ranch Casserole
A Quick and Tasty Casserole Your Family Will Love
I wanted to make a casserole that would taste like tamales because my family loves tamales, but I am not always in the mood to make them. I searched the Internet for a tamale pie, but I did not like the use of cornmeal for the "crust."
I found a recipe online called "Frito Pie," took a look at the recipe and decided to give it a try. My family liked it very much, but my husband and I have to watch our sodium due to high blood pressure, so instead of using regular Fritos Corn Chips, we bought the Lightly Salted Fritos, which contain half the sodium.
You will like this recipe. It only requires 6 ingredients and is ready to put in the oven in about 30 minutes. Baking time is only 20 minutes and it serves 9, so give this Frito ranch casserole a try!
You Will Need:
Frito Ranch Casserole Ingredients
- 1 pound Hamburger meat
- 1 package (9-3/4 ounce) Lightly Salted Fritos
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Ranch Style Beans, Undrained
- 2 teaspoons Onion powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce, Mild
- 1 cup Mild Cheddar cheese, Shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 Celsius).
- Open bag of Fritos and measure 1 cup of Fritos for the topping; set aside.
- Take out a large baking pan (13" x 9") and spray it with Pam; line the bottom of the baking pan with the Fritos remaining in the bag.
- In a large frying skillet: Cook hamburger meat until brown. Next, stir in both (undrained) cans of Ranch Style beans and 2 teaspoons of onion powder.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the meat-beans mixture in the skillet; warm thoroughly.
- Next, pour the contents of the skillet evenly over the Fritos in the baking pan.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over all and top with reserved Fritos.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes.
- Serve with Spanish rice.
- Makes 9 eight ounce servings.
Steps 2 & 3:
Steps 4 & 5:
Step 6: Pour the meat-beans-onion-enchilada sauce over the Fritos.
Step 7: Topped with shredded cheese and reserved Fritos.
Nutritional Values for Frito Ranch Casserole
|Calories from Fat||234|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 26 g||40%|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40%|
|Unsaturated fat 5 g|
|Carbohydrates 35 g||12%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Fiber 7 g||28%|
|Protein 22 g||44%|
|Cholesterol 55 mg||18%|
|Sodium 1013 mg||42%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2018 Miriam Parker