Ginger Fried Rice With Bok Choy and Bulgogi Style Chicken
- 12 chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup Korean bulgogi BBQ sauce
- 1 cup long grain rice, (cooked)
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 4 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 heads bok choy, rinsed, bottoms removed, roughly chopped
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp Hoison Sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar, (may substitute light or omit)
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
Let's Get Cooking
- Put the chicken in a gallon ziplock bag with BBQ sauce and marinade several hours to overnight. Prepare the produce. Dice the carrots. Wash and chop the bok choy. Slice the green onions, reserving the green tops for garnish and putting the white bottoms with the carrots to cook. Peel and mince the ginger and garlic. Beat the eggs. Premix the Hoison, soy sauce, Sriracha, sesame oil, and brown sugar.
- Mix water, rice, butter, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 18 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a large skillet or wok to medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade, and discard marinade. Cook the chicken, letting it get nice and brown on all sides. ~15 minutes. As the marinade cooks off it will start to brown rapidly, so as the chicken nears the end of the cooking process be sure to turn frequently. Pour the chicken and the marinade into a large bowl and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat, add 2 Tbsp olive oil, and saute the carrots and onions for 2 minutes. Add the bok choy and continue to saute until the bok choy has wilted. Add the garlic and ginger and saute another minute. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Add the rice and the beaten eggs to the pan. Stir frequently, cooking and breaking up the egg. When the egg is cooked through, let the rice sit on the bottom of the pan until it begins to get a few crispy bits on the bottom. Turn rice and continue cooking until it reaches your desired amount of crisping. Add the sauce blend and turn to coat thoroughly.
- Plate the rice, top with the chicken, and sprinkle with cashews and green onion. Enjoy!
Fried Rice With Ginger and Bok Choy
Did You Enjoy This Dish?
Questions & Answers
© 2016 Melissa Althen