Gourmet Hot Dog: Double Dog Dare
Some things are better as duos: Sonny and Cher, Jan and Dean, Castor and Pollux, for example. You know what else is better with a partner? Your hot dog. The frank is the star of any hot dog, so why not feature a twin bill during your next meal? This hot dog includes some very standard dog condiments, but it makes for a meal all on its own thanks to the double dose of dog between the bun.
Not only is it a dare to try to down this amount of meat in one sitting, but the added jalapeños and spicy brown mustard makes for a big dog that bites back. Go ahead and try and eat this one... we dare ya.
- 1 package hoagie buns, or any other large bun
- 1 package hot dogs, all-beef
- 1 jar sauerkraut
- 6 jalapeños
- 1 jar mustard, spicy brown
- Very coarsely chop the jalapeños and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the hot dogs, rolling frequently to ensure even cooking.
- When cooked, lay TWO franks into the large bun side by side.
- Spoon in a generous amount of sauerkraut.
- Top with as much jalapeño as you dare.
- Add spicy brown mustard to taste.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||261|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 29 g||45%|
|Carbohydrates 44 g||15%|
|Sugar 5 g|
|Protein 19 g||38%|
|Sodium 1981 mg||83%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|