Tom Lohr has eaten a hot dog at all 30 MLB ballparks and is the author of "Gone to the Dogs: In Search of the Best Ballpark Hot Dog."
Some things are better as duos: Sonny and Cher, Jan and Dean, Castor and Pollux, for example. You know what else is better with a partner? Your hot dog. The frank is the star of any hot dog, so why not feature a twin bill during your next meal? This hot dog includes some very standard dog condiments, but it makes for a meal all on its own thanks to the double dose of dog between the bun.
Not only is it a dare to try to down this amount of meat in one sitting, but the added jalapeños and spicy brown mustard makes for a big dog that bites back. Go ahead and try and eat this one... we dare ya.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3-4 double dogs
- 1 package hoagie buns, or any other large bun
- 1 package hot dogs, all-beef
- 1 jar sauerkraut
- 6 jalapeños
- 1 jar mustard, spicy brown
- Very coarsely chop the jalapeños and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the hot dogs, rolling frequently to ensure even cooking.
- When cooked, lay two franks into the large bun side by side.
- Spoon in a generous amount of sauerkraut.
- Top with as much jalapeño as you dare.
- Add spicy brown mustard to taste.