Gourmet Hot Dog: Heavenly Dog
Heaven is supposed to be full of goodness, and that is what this hot dog is piled high with. Once you sink your pearly whites into this beast, you will think you have passed through the pearly gates. It combines the best of several comfort foods, and it is comforting to know that it has been approved by angels. The buffalo wings represent angel wings, and the onion rings are symbolic of their halos. A fluffy bun can also be used for the cotton-like clouds they sit upon, but grilled buns are much tastier. I think the angels will give us a pass on the bun issue, but the things you did on your senior trip? Not so much.
- 1 package hot dog buns
- 1 package hot dogs, all-beef
- 1 package buffalo wings, frozen
- 1 package onion rings, frozen
- 1 bottle buffalo sauce
- 1 can cooking spray
- 2 sticks celery
- Pre heat oven and begin cooking onion rings per instructions.
- Begin microwaving the buffalo wings per instructions.
- Chop the celery into small bits and place in a bowl.
- In a skillet over medium heat, begin cooking the hot dogs, rolling frequently for even cooking.
- When onion rings and buffalo wings are finished, place aside on plates.
- When the hot dogs are nearly done, spray the buns with cooking spray. Move the franks to one side of the skillet and place a bun on its side in the skillet and cook for 20 seconds. Repeat with the other side of the bun for another 20 seconds. Partially open the bun and place it in the skillet like a pup tent for an additional 20 seconds to warm the inside.
- Place a hot dog frank in each bun, add 3-4 wings, add extra buffalo sauce to taste, add chopped celery, top with 3-4 onion rings.
This hot dog is so tasty, you will be worshiping it and confessing that it is your new favorite comfort food. As a cardinal rule, you should preach the glory of this hot dog to all of your friends. And if anyone tells you that eating such a meat-laden treat is a good way to meet your maker; remind them it has celery on it.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||342|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 38 g||58%|
|Carbohydrates 52 g||17%|
|Sugar 6 g|
|Protein 24 g||48%|
|Sodium 1770 mg||74%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|