Gourmet Hot Dog: Pizza Dog
Everyone loves pizza, and everyone love hot dogs. For those times when you can't decide which favorite to feed your crew, make this quick and easy pizza dog. It is one of our favorite gourmet hot dogs that gives you a meal in a bun in minutes.
- 1 package hoagie buns
- 1 package hot dogs, all-beef
- 1 package sliced peperoni
- 1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 tin oregano
Substitute the all-beef frank for a Field Roast brand hot dog or a Tofurkey brand sausage. Use non-dairy shredded cheese. Use meatless pepperoni discs.
- Heat the marinara sauce until warm. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the hot dogs, rolling frequently to ensure even cooking.
- When the hot dogs are fully cooked, place each in a hoagie bun.
- Spoon in marinara sauce until the frank is covered. Add a generous amount of shredded cheese. Cover with sliced pepperoni. Lightly sprinkle with oregano.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||288|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 32 g||49%|
|Carbohydrates 40 g||13%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Protein 17 g||34%|
|Sodium 1291 mg||54%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|